Signed - WR Derrion Grim

Haspula

6_3855360.JPG

Grim explains Nebraska flip
Mike Schaefer - 19 hours ago
The game day atmosphere in Lincoln greatly impressed the receiver. “The walk through the tunnel to go onto the field is nice,” Grim said. “It’s like giving back by shaking hands with the kids and making them happy. Then when you get onto the field and you see the time left at 90 minutes but half the stadium is full watching the pre-game warm ups. That’s really nice."
Grim also developed a good relationship with Keith Williams, his position coach and recruiter. The receiver said the two hit it off immediately on the visit and he’s excited to get the opportunity to learn even more once he gets to start practicing for Williams. “Coach Williams is great and wonderful,” Grim said. “He’s helped me learn new things at receiver I thought I already knew. He’s always talking about new things."

LINK

:bigredn: ice! :lol:

• Fire 1

Our WR lineup just keeps getting better and better. Can anyone say with a straight face that Keith Williams wasn't a solid hire at WR coach?

I think it is a little early yet.
I don't.

I suppose you are right. So far it's been solid. Not stellar. But solid.
Gotta remember what he's working with. Before this year 1 guy (Westy) had been a contributor.

La Tef kept posting his son’s highlight film to his Facebook page. Boise State noticed, and Derrion committed there over the summer. But an old friend and mentor noticed, too — Nebraska wideout coach Keith Williams.

Williams and La Tef go back — before La Tef ever went to Pitt, in fact — when Williams used to give a few pointers on how to play the position.
“He’s the best wide receivers coach in the country,” La Tef said. “If you’re a wide receiver, he’s the guy you want coaching you.”
Said Derrion: “I thought I knew a lot about receiver, but Coach Williams taught me a few things even when I was (visiting) here.”
Williams, along with Nebraska’s academic support services, are what sold the elder Grim.
“The academic stuff blew me away,” La Tef said. “That sealed the deal.”

OWH

Our WR lineup just keeps getting better and better. Can anyone say with a straight face that Keith Williams wasn't a solid hire at WR coach?

I think it is a little early yet.
I don't.

I suppose you are right. So far it's been solid. Not stellar. But solid.

Like the Dude said in one of the threads after BYU. He earned his pay just by the fact Alonzo Moore can catch the ball now. That seemed like a monumental task watching him the last few years.