My oath this football season....

mwj98

I promise to be over the top excited before games

I promise NOT To meltdown during games if play is bad

i promise not to drunk post after a loss

I promise not to drunk post after a win

I will treat members of the board with respect, except trolls

I will always remember these are 18-20 y/o pups

I will always remain to loyal to the Big Red.

Question....is it too early to fly the flag??? My wife already called me out.

GBR!

• Fire 5

I don't drink and stupid grown up stuff has put things into perspective so I don't get overly excited. Sometimes I get nervous, but not too excited. The one I have trouble with sometimes is remembering the ages of these kids, but that seems to get easier the older I get.

Good oath.

And it's your flag, fly it whenever you want.

I know exactly what you mean. We've had a rough go of that "stupid grown up stuff" that just keeps piling up. Good luck to ya, whatever it is. I been trying to enjoy it all as much as I used to. I still love it all, I'm just trying to keep the emotions out of it and not get so invested.

If it brings me good times, that's all I care about. My whole family loves watching the Huskers so its an excuse to forget some of the bad stuff and have fun.

I'm still learning and still working on getting better with this process. The way I see it though, if its something you love and are passionate about, like you said, let your flag fly. Literally and figuratively.

I really want to enjoy this season. I think were going to.

I've never been drunk, which I'm pretty glad about because I think I could have become a pretty ugly sight a few years back if I had.

I used to let games affect my joy in the worst way, and after the 2009 Virginia Tech game I just made an internal decision to not let my mood be decided by an arbitrary game between boys. Since then, I've had a lot more fun as a fan.

I've never been drunk, which I'm pretty glad about because I think I could have become a pretty ugly sight a few years back if I had.

I used to let games affect my joy in the worst way, and after the 2009 Virginia Tech game I just made an internal decision to not let my mood be decided by an arbitrary game between boys. Since then, I've had a lot more fun as a fan.

That's what I experienced and I am hoping I can continue to do so.

• Fire 1

Good oath, sounds like you're trying to keep things in perspective. But, I just hope too many don't adopt the no drunk posting or failure to meltdown. I know we're in no danger but can you imagine this board if nobody drunk posted and nobody melted down...... boring. Just imagine a game thread where every little miscue wasn't met with half a dozen severe over reactions. Yeah, we're in no danger of that actually becoming a thing.

Pretty much me.

It's a game played by kids. Enjoy it. Be a great fan. But, don't let it affect you negatively.

I promise to be over the top excited before games

I promise NOT To meltdown during games if play is bad

i promise not to drunk post after a loss

I promise not to drunk post after a win

I will treat members of the board with respect, except trolls

I will always remember these are 18-20 y/o pups

I will always remain to loyal to the Big Red.

Question....is it too early to fly the flag??? My wife already called me out.

GBR!

Love the oath. And that flag should be flying year round. GBR!

I need to get in on this. Whenever Nebraska loses or plays bad it ruins my whole weekend. I don't know why, and I wish it weren't so. I just can't stop it from happening though. I think it's been the last decade or so when this started. Is there a pill I can take?

I need to get in on this. Whenever Nebraska loses or plays bad it ruins my whole weekend. I don't know why, and I wish it weren't so. I just can't stop it from happening though. I think it's been the last decade or so when this started. Is there a pill I can take?

Just change your perspective by reminding yourself of the reality.

You're letting your happiness and well-being depend on

18-22 year olds

throwing oblong objects around and hitting each other

trying to earn arbitrary numbers

I'm fairly surprised by some of these responses. I've changed in a similar way, but more so about my NFL team.

Perhaps it is because I followed them for much longer. I watched 60 games straight without missing a play. Anything someone would say would piss me off. Then I just had enough with the disappointments and said screw it two seasons ago. (The streak was in about 2004-whatever) then of course last season they had a great year and I just said whatever happens happens. I think it is just my overly competitiveness. Because when they said Dez's catch was a no catch, it was the first time I went ballistic all season and it pretty much ruined my day.

Now, with the huskers I'm pretty much ballistic all game. Perhaps it's because I didn't really start following them until about 10 years ago.

I'm also surprised by the lack of drinkers. I know this is off topic, but what's the key to that for you guys? How come you haven't drank or don't drink? Just curious is all...

This. There were a few games (USC 2007 and OU 2008 in particular) that I remember getting so worked up over that I ended up getting a migraine. Half a decade and 2 little boys later, It's put a new perspective on the sport, and I don't take it as serious. We (as a family) still devote our fall weekends to football, and enjoy every minute of it, but I don't get as upset as I used to. I also think talking junk during the games on here helps as well.

I'm also surprised by the lack of drinkers. I know this is off topic, but what's the key to that for you guys? How come you haven't drank or don't drink? Just curious is all...

I still drink occasionally, but for me, it's mostly a health thing. I've never been a heavy drinker anyway, but now I limit myself to one or two drinks all day. I started doing this a couple years ago and have lost about 50 lbs and have been getting back in shape. I've cut out alot of junk food and empty calories (alcohol is huge on that) in addition to ensuring I take care of my body. I want to be able to play sports with my kids when they're older.

That said, I will still throw down a mean BBQ session on the weekends because I love to cook.

t6toyrr.jpg?1%27