Screw you complainers

knapplc

I will say this. If Bo Pelini was the coach, I have no doubt in my mind that he would of have a tantrum on the sideline and it would have spiraled down from there. Glad the boys didn't mail it in and fought back.

BYU scored 24 points in the first half. 9 points in the fourth quarter. Besides the loss, it was good adjustments.

I said it in another thread. I'll watch the games. I'll cheer the team. I'll curse them when they lose, love them when they win.

But I have pretty much have no optimism for the season after watching that game. Maybe they turn it around. I hope they do. But I did not like what I saw. Not one bit.

Madness!

Riddle me this. Show me a Quarterback like Taysom Hill, who can shred a pass defense and run like that, on the rest of the schedule. Maybe Brad Kayaa. Anyone else? I don't see it.

The only reason BYU was in this game was Hill. If he doesn't play, Mangum doesn't beat us. If we build off this game, we'll win nine games, easy. Build from there next year with better coaching and recruiting, and we're taking a step forward.

Keep the faith.

The Freshman beat us. That's what bothers me so much. Hill was gone, and a freshman has two long drives, one with 48 seconds on the clock and no time outs. Our coaching staff acted like the game was won. The other thing that annoyed me was the hail mary defense. We gave a true freshman all day to throw. He was comfortable and able to throw from just behind the LOS. His receivers had enough time to run down the field, and then across the field. One NU DB went for the ball. The others were standing in the back of the end zone like they were waiting in line at Taco Bell. It looked like a couple of them didn't even see the ball coming. The ball hit the receiver in the stomach for God's sake. How to you let a receiver catch a 40+ yard pass in the stomach. There is plenty to complain about. Consider the mood if NU punches that last drive into the end zone. We win going away by 8 points after recovering from a terrible 2nd half. The team would have great confidence, and the fans would be buying tickets for the CCG. But instead we get this horrible loss.

• Fire 2

Dude, you are just digging a larger and larger hole. Give up the ghost already.

Yes, I'm dig deeper, but don't worry for me.

The reason I keep digging is for all of the guys still trapped in a hidden underworld with the ghost of Pelini. They have been there so long that they see him in every shadow and hear him in every footstep. I'm trying to provide a way those guys out from such a Hellhole. My hope is that this digging you see me doing will soon break through to them and give them a path to sunshine and fresh air and freedom, up here in this world where Pelini no long holds a claim on anyone or anything in Nebraska (except for Eichorst and Harvey of course, who still have to write and send him a check every month).

So I dig, but be sure that I dig with a noble purpose in mind...and I redouble my efforts every time I hear one of his victims still shrieking out his name.

:ahhhhhhhh Well then, as long as we are sharing:

This classic example of overreaction and the prickly "It's my way or the highway, prove your loyalty to my standards!" that I find so distasteful in a large swath of Nebraska fans. They put their fandom above the players, above the team, and above the game itself, and anybody who doesn't worship at that altar in the same way is a blasphemer and a heretic.

This is why there were people attacking Kenny Bell on this forum last year. "He doesn't hate coach as much as we do, so he's betrayed us!"

This is largely the REAL reason a lot of people hated Pelini: because he didn't kiss enough fan @ss and they all started getting chapped, "because we are the greatest fans in all college football...DOESN'T HE KNOW THAT?!?"

Truth. I realize that I'll probably be banned for being truthful but what did we expect? Hired a 50% coach who brought most of his previous staff with him. Bill parcels said that you are what your record says you are. If we're being honest and really look into things, this coach and staff are eerily similar to Billy C, but nothing like Dr. Tom, demeanor withstanding. I don't want to relive the past 7 years, it was time to move on, no doubt, but the only 2 coaches on this staff that are better than the last are Bray and Philip.

Knapp, I like you and think you're a good mod, like Zoogs, Mav, etc. But these EXCUSES don't fly. They haven't for the last 14 years, still don't.

I was pumped for this game and season, drinking the Koolaid, looking forward to the new regime, etc. But we're now Oregon State east.

• Fire 3

Funny....before Osborne went on epic run, folks wanted to run him outta town. Examples of what was being said....game has passed him by, we are too slow, cant win against florida teams and my favorite, we dont have the athletes. He made adjustments...how did that work out. And to be 100% honest, Nebraska dominated opponents they were suppose to dominate. UCLA gave us fits back in the day.

Didnt Iowa state beat us in 1992? No one remembers the games we lost because we all have rose colored glasses on thinking about the mid 90's. I get it. But keep this in perspective. If you dont think we are on our way back to becoming a solid team, go be a hawkeye fan.

Funny....before Osborne went on epic run, folks wanted to run him outta town. Examples of what was being said....game has passed him by, we are too slow, cant win against florida teams and my favorite, we dont have the athletes. He made adjustments...how did that work out. And to be 100% honest, Nebraska dominated opponents they were suppose to dominate. UCLA gave us fits back in the day.

Didnt Iowa state beat us in 1992? No one remembers the games we lost because we all have rose colored glasses on thinking about the mid 90's. I get it. But keep this in perspective. If you dont think we are on our way back to becoming a solid team, go be a hawkeye fan.

Dude,, we've been a solid team for awhile now. We need to take that next step.

This Billy C/Cosgrove system/staff ain't gonna cut it.

Dude,, we've been a solid team for awhile now. We need to take that next step.

This Billy C/Cosgrove system/staff ain't gonna cut it.

What is so "solid" about needed a fluke play from Ameer to beat McNeese State? Or a hail mary to beat Northwestern? There are many more examples but I don't feel like typing all of them, the point is that Bo's luck covered up how poorly coached his teams were. The loss yesterday was about execution, not philosophy. It isn't the coaching staffs fault that our DB's brainfarted and didn't knock down a hail mary. Or that the best kicker they were given by Bo can't make anything past an extra point. If you want to say that we should have went for it, that is a fair criticism. But when you criticise them for it remember that Bo did the same thing and cost us the VT game in Blackburg by not going for it on 4th and 1 when Helu was averaging 6 yards per carry in that game.

As for your other post, Nobody on Bo's coaching staff is more qualified than the coaches that we have now. The construction of his staff was just as much as his undoing here than his temper or W/L record was. He only hired yes men who would stroke his fragile ego, most of them who didn't like to recruit and now we see the result of those efforts since we don't have a difference maker on offense like Ameer or any experienced LB's.

Except for the unfathomable decision to not put any pressure on the QB for the Hail Mary....(if 7 guys are going to fail by just standing around in the end zone, 5 could fail equally as well..........leaving 2 blitzers to force a bit of pressure on the play maybe creating a bad throw; an earlier throw, a holding call, a timing misfit, etc??); the rest of the game offers plenty of positives.

Sure, the 2nd quarter was Deja Bo, but after that there was no spiral, no quit and actual adjustments.

I thought Langford called a pretty decent game with the 2 notable exceptions being the late 3rd down decisions. A QB sneak (no forward momentum into a stacked line??); and the failure to utilize zone read or option on either opportunity. It's almost impossible to defend ONE YARD with a running qb looking for a quick dart to gain one yard.

Otherwise, it was unfortunately a needless loss .........after putting ourselves in position.

That sours everyone immediately, but imo, the long term look is indeed very positive.