HS Players Blindside Attack Official

Mavric

I saw this earliee, and it's horrible. What's worse is there are people defending it. They should be off all sports teams for one calendar year. Charged with assaultchili and of there have been issues with cheap shots (one article I read said other teammates were ejected the previous play for dirty hits) suspended the football program for a year as well.

Another angle provided in their full article: http://deadspin.com/high-school-football-players-target-light-up-poor-offi-1728999161

This should be treated no differently than if me and a buddy were to blindside some random bystander out on the street. The two players clearly targeted and attacked a defenseless official.

The only question here is if the kids did it on their own, or if one of their coaches put them up to it, in which case he should be criminally charged as well.

I saw this earliee, and it's horrible. What's worse is there are people defending it. They should be off all sports teams for one calendar year. Charged with assaultchili and of there have been issues with cheap shots (one article I read said other teammates were ejected the previous play for dirty hits) suspended the football program for a year as well.

no.

You don't get second chances for premeditated assault. I don't care what that Ref said or did.

They are done with sports. If they aren't charged as adults then they can consider themselves lucky.

One of the more disgusting things I've ever seen on a football field. They should be suspended from sports at that school indefinitely, charged with assault, and have an example made from them. Sickening.........

They should never be a part of any team sport again as long as they live. I don't care if they didn't like how the referee was calling that game or not. There is never any justification for assaulting someone over a disagreement in a game, and that was clearly assault.

Imagine if the ref had a spinal injury or other issues.

I get that he might have done something to frustrate you, but you need to understand your actions have consequences.

I am curious what i would do as a parent if my child did something like that. Obviously they would never play sports ever again, but as someone who doesnt have kids, i dont know where to begin in terms of correcting this action.

Imagine if the ref had a spinal injury or other issues.

I get that he might have done something to frustrate you, but you need to understand your actions have consequences.

I am curious what i would do as a parent if my child did something like that. Obviously they would never play sports ever again, but as someone who doesnt have kids, i dont know where to begin in terms of correcting this action.

Hopefully you would have raised your kids well enough that they know you don't do that in the first place.