Can we please call this what it was?

Redux

Was anyone else just f'ing heartbroken for the players? That's just a really sh**ty way to lose a football game.

Me.

Damn. Knowing how some people would react, the conversations in the off-season, and the folks still hanging onto the memory of Bo, I couldn't have imagined a worse way for that to end. For the players, for the coaches, and for anyone trying to defend a lot of the positive things you could take from that game. Losing like that can seem to make people forget anything but that single play. I get it, but there were honestly plenty of good things and some other bad things that led to that loss.

Still, I have this positive feeling in that I believe things will improve and issues will be fixed. I'll believe that until I have a reason not to, and one game, the first game, is sure as hell not enough of a reason for me to be going all pissy pants like many have.

Was anyone else just f'ing heartbroken for the players? That's just a really sh**ty way to lose a football game.

Me.

Damn. Knowing how some people would react, the conversations in the off-season, and the folks still hanging onto the memory of Bo, I couldn't have imagined a worse way for that to end. For the players, for the coaches, and for anyone trying to defend a lot of the positive things you could take from that game. Losing like that can seem to make people forget anything but that single play. I get it, but there were honestly plenty of good things and some other bad things that led to that loss.

Still, I have this positive feeling in that I believe things will improve and issues will be fixed. I'll believe that until I have a reason not to, and one game, the first game, is sure as hell not enough of a reason for me to be going all pissy pants like many have.

I felt bad for the players and coaches, but I was shocked to hear all the pissy-pants fans complaining about the game on Big Red Overreaction and then on the message boards. Drunk A-holes shouldn't be put on the radio, but then again those are exactly the kind of callers the media relies upon these days to stir up controversy and get hits/clicks/listeners.

Me.

I felt bad for the players and coaches, but I was shocked to hear all the pissy-pants fans complaining about the game on Big Red Overreaction and then on the message boards. Drunk A-holes shouldn't be put on the radio, but then again those are exactly the kind of callers the media relies upon these days to stir up controversy and get hits/clicks/listeners.

I got to be honest, I get a good laugh out of those drunk dumbshits that call that show. Only because I choose to look at it that way. Even if I'm pissed about a loss, I can always find comfort in knowing theres some idiot out there who took it way more personal than me. It really depends on how you look at it.

Now coming here and seeing all the people who came back suddenly just to turn this place into a complete bitch-fest, now that was not quite as funny.

So on facebook the Husker groups are pretty colorful and stupid. A lot are logical but several are doing the blame Riley, Hire Bo back thing. I come on here and honestly if I didn't know better I would think we won that game.

But can we please be honest? That hurt. That was a heartbreaker in every sense. We just lost an opener for the first time since before a lot of us were born. And it wasn't to Alabama or Oregon. It was to an independent BYU. Not a team to sneeze at, but not a world beater either. To prove that, they had to do it with a backup freshman QB and several guys who were out. We had guys out too, but dammit we were at home.

Pretty much all I'm seeing is sad optimism. Not pathetic but we all want to think of it as a moral win. Well it wasn't, we lost even if it was an ugly way to lose. Sure, there was a lot to like. Really there is. Team could be really good. But there was a lot to not like being ignored.

I see the "We just wanted improvement" argument. Thats not all I wanted. We canned Bo for 2 reasons. He got stale, and he was a big meany head.. Riley is frsh start and super nice. But I wan't a damn trophy. The Bo haters are now using the same excuses to defend the loss that we heard were stupid excuses.

Yeah yeah, one game, we will get better yadda yadda. I just feel defated, let down. Damn I hate losing like that. Regardless, I like our direction and think we are going the right way. But this is not our return to glory, not this season. We have a long way to go and if we let the same growing pains we all saw continue, we could be in for a long year. So lets all continue being positive, I know I will try.

No thanks....I'm fine being optimistic.

Kinda funny my last semtence there is pretty optimistic.

Intentional groundING isn't an undisciplined penalty. That's basically a at ditch effort to not give up a sack. It's just hoping they get away with throwing it away.

And the delay of game was taken on purpose I believe.

Everything else I will give ya

Also, the hands to the face was called on the wrong team.

• 2 years later...