D(er) Trump(ino) Thread

He's an idiot. Not a fascists.

I agree that Trump is an idiot. I actually think that Trump and Obama have quite a bit in common. Trump claims that he's the anti-politician, but his behavior is like a classic politician. Like Obama, Trump seizes on hot button wedge issues and tries to pick sides for political gain despite the fact that he is dividing constituents in the process. We saw Obama jump on the Oregon shooting in an attempt to "politicize" gun control, just as Trump jumped on the terrorist attack to spew his anti-Muslim ban. Obama demonizes those that are successful and in the top 1%, and even those who do well but are not in the top 1% somehow are "unamerican" for not doing their fair share to give to others. Trump attacks all Mexicans even though most are not rapists and killers as he claims. Both guys love the spotlight and the fame that they get from the media, though I think after 7 years Obama is not as eager to give speeches as he was in his early years. Obama attacks Republicans that oppose his ideas, including calling him terrorists, despite the fact that they have honest disagreements with his policies and views. It's unfortunate our political climate has gotten so toxic on both sides with these two men front and center.

paLR1Md.jpg

Comparisons of Trumpf to Obama and Gandhi???!!! Wow, speechless. Next ya'll be comparing Trumpf to Mother Terersa....oh wait, there are some actual similarities there, just ask Chris Hitchens. BRB even attempted to draw comparisons between Trumpf and Bernie, which is, of course, laughable. All big time "leaders" have big time egos(except Bernie), I will concur.

I didn't bring up Gandhi, but please explain why you disagree that the political approach taken by Obama and Trump are that far different. Both are divisive guys that like to use wedge issues to gain support. Both are in your face and show and stubborn and who little desire to compromise. One just happens to have a D by his name, while the other has an R.

Really? Does Obama want to build a gigantic Wall? Does Obama want to deport 11+ mill "illegals" and then bring back the "good ones"? Did Obama alienate the entire Muslim world? Does Obama have to continually roll back insults cast upon women and the races? Etc. Is Obama a bombastic, inflammatory, loose cannon? I don't think so. And no, Obama doesn't want to take yer guns and role in The new World Order.

I don't view Obama as a divisive guy at all. Quite the opposite, in fact, he has always attempted to bring all sides together as far as I can tell. He's as measured as measured as measured can be in terms of political communication. GDubya, Darth Cheney, and Goldman Sachs left him a country in the shitter and then the Repubs essentially declared obstructive political war on the guy from the get go, then they complain that he has resorted to executive orders in some cases when he is left with little to no other options: that is, if he wants to get anything done while he's in office.

The incessant attack on Obama from the far Right Wing media, like Fox News and their buddy Rush Limberger has created the whole Obama-as-divisive meme for the past 7 years. Alex Jones has done more than his fair share in this regard as well. The Tea Party is openly anti gov't, so there's that. Obama is about as diplomatic a Prez as you can get, but of course, the Right Wing isn't big on diplomacy. The fact that the Right doesn't particularly agree with Democratic policies--say, ObamaCare, or diplomacy with Iran--doesn't translate to "Obama is divisive". It just means that the 2 parties don't agree on alot of stuff. The idea that Obama has "divided the races" is ridiculous. Last time I checked, the races have been always been divided. There're alot of White Folk that just plain don't like a Black Prez, so that's what that is all about.

Trumpf is all the things I've said in this thread, so I needn't repeat myself. Trumpf actually does the things you state--use of wedge issues and the like. I don't see that Obama does those things. Obama, although I don't agree with him on everything, namely TPP, has done a helluva job considering the extreme economic and foreign policy mess he inherited from Bush and Darth Cheney.

Trivia question: which Prez had the most executive orders?

1) Obama(223)

2) Slick Willy(364)

3) Dubya(291)

4) Reagan(381)

5) Carter(320)

6) Tricky Dick(346)

7) Eisenhower(484)

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php

I agree that Trump is an idiot. I actually think that Trump and Obama have quite a bit in common. Trump claims that he's the anti-politician, but his behavior is like a classic politician. Like Obama, Trump seizes on hot button wedge issues and tries to pick sides for political gain despite the fact that he is dividing constituents in the process. We saw Obama jump on the Oregon shooting in an attempt to "politicize" gun control, just as Trump jumped on the terrorist attack to spew his anti-Muslim ban. Obama demonizes those that are successful and in the top 1%, and even those who do well but are not in the top 1% somehow are "unamerican" for not doing their fair share to give to others. Trump attacks all Mexicans even though most are not rapists and killers as he claims. Both guys love the spotlight and the fame that they get from the media, though I think after 7 years Obama is not as eager to give speeches as he was in his early years. Obama attacks Republicans that oppose his ideas, including calling him terrorists, despite the fact that they have honest disagreements with his policies and views. It's unfortunate our political climate has gotten so toxic on both sides with these two men front and center.

paLR1Md.jpg

Comparisons of Trumpf to Obama and Gandhi???!!! Wow, speechless. Next ya'll be comparing Trumpf to Mother Terersa....oh wait, there are some actual similarities there, just ask Chris Hitchens. BRB even attempted to draw comparisons between Trumpf and Bernie, which is, of course, laughable. All big time "leaders" have big time egos(except Bernie), I will concur.

Ummmmm.....no. I didn't attempt to act like Bernie and trump are alike.

I showed how idiotic your attempt at painting trump as the next hitler is. Heck. Fascist experts even agree with me but you keep trying hard to make the claim.

Oh, ok, since I'm comparing Trumpf to Hitler, you decided you would compare Bernie to Hitler too, since I like Bernie.

The comparisons of Trumpf to Hitler have become quite mainstream of late, in case you hadn't noticed, like on CNN and such. Trumpf's "ban on Muslims" have brought the thing home.

Please show me these "experts" that support your claim re: Trumpf. I'm also still waiting for you to enlighten me re: Hilter's family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9iUEmS1X58

paLR1Md.jpg

I didn't bring up Gandhi, but please explain why you disagree that the political approach taken by Obama and Trump are that far different. Both are divisive guys that like to use wedge issues to gain support. Both are in your face and show and stubborn and who little desire to compromise. One just happens to have a D by his name, while the other has an R.

Really? Does Obama want to build a gigantic Wall? Does Obama want to deport 11+ mill "illegals" and then bring back the "good ones"? Did Obama alienate the entire Muslim world? Does Obama have to continually roll back insults cast upon women and the races? Etc. Is Obama a bombastic, inflammatory, loose cannon? I don't think so. And no, Obama doesn't want to take yer guns and role in The new World Order.

I don't view Obama as a divisive guy at all. Quite the opposite, in fact, he has always attempted to bring all sides together as far as I can tell. He's as measured as measured as measured can be in terms of political communication. GDubya, Darth Cheney, and Goldman Sachs left him a country in the shitter and then the Repubs essentially declared obstructive political war on the guy from the get go, then they complain that he has resorted to executive orders in some cases when he is left with little to no other options: that is, if he wants to get anything done while he's in office.

The incessant attack on Obama from the far Right Wing media, like Fox News and their buddy Rush Limberger has created the whole Obama-as-divisive meme for the past 7 years. Alex Jones has done more than his fair share in this regard as well. The Tea Party is openly anti gov't, so there's that. Obama is about as diplomatic a Prez as you can get, but of course, the Right Wing isn't big on diplomacy. The fact that the Right doesn't particularly agree with Democratic policies--say, ObamaCare, or diplomacy with Iran--doesn't translate to "Obama is divisive". It just means that the 2 parties don't agree on alot of stuff. The idea that Obama has "divided the races" is ridiculous. Last time I checked, the races have been always been divided. There're alot of White Folk that just plain don't like a Black Prez, so that's what that is all about.

Trumpf is all the things I've said in this thread, so I needn't repeat myself. Trumpf actually does the things you state--use of wedge issues and the like. I don't see that Obama does those things. Obama, although I don't agree with him on everything, namely TPP, has done a helluva job considering the extreme economic and foreign policy mess he inherited from Bush and Darth Cheney.

Trivia question: which Prez had the most executive orders?

1) Obama(223)

2) Slick Willy(364)

3) Dubya(291)

4) Reagan(381)

5) Carter(320)

6) Tricky Dick(346)

7) Eisenhower(484)

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php

I've already offered examples of how they both use wedge issues to divide Americans, which you choose to ignore. I also explained that Democrats are not a majority and that gerrymandering is not what you thought it was. There is no sense explaining this further to you as you are going to believe what you want to believe.

paLR1Md.jpg

I showed how idiotic your attempt at painting trump as the next hitler is. Heck. Fascist experts even agree with me but you keep trying hard to make the claim.

Oh, ok, since I'm comparing Trumpf to Hitler, you decided you would compare Bernie to Hitler too, since I like Bernie.

The comparisons of Trumpf to Hitler have become quite mainstream of late, in case you hadn't noticed, like on CNN and such. Trumpf's "ban on Muslims" have brought the thing home.

Please show me these "experts" that support your claim re: Trumpf. I'm also still waiting for you to enlighten me re: Hilter's family.

Ummmm.....I don't give a rip what some media hack wants to say. There are also media hacks that claim Obama isn't American. Does it make it so?

Fact is neither trump nor Bernie are fascists.

But I'm sure you won't stop trying to get your point across by making shocking (inaccurate) claims.

• Fire 1

paLR1Md.jpg

Ummmm.....I don't give a rip what some media hack wants to say. There are also media hacks that claim Obama isn't American. Does it make it so?

But I'm sure you won't stop trying to get your point across by making shocking (inaccurate) claims.

Fortunately, other people give a rip.

Still waiting on your preferred media hacks, er, "experts", the links that is, and the Hitler family stuff. It's ok, I'm not holding my breath.

Another media "hack" says Mein Trumpf is a fascist:

NY Times Op Ed:

Goose-Steppers in the G.O.P.

Well, he’s got the Hitler vote. The neo-Nazi website, Daily Stormer, was out and proud earlier this week: “Heil Donald Trump — the Ultimate Savior.”

(http://www.dailystormer.com/the-daily-stormer-endorses-donald-trump-for-president/)

After endorsing the Republican presidential front-runner earlier this year for his call to deport 11 million Mexican immigrants, the fomenters of American fascism have now added an apt twist to his slogan, one not far from the truth of the campaign: “Make America White Again.”......It’s a very ugly political moment, but there it is: The Republican Party is now home to millions of people who would throw out the Constitution, welcome a police state against Latinos and Muslims, and enforce a religious test for entry into a country built by people fleeing religious persecution. This stuff polls well in their party, even if the Bill of Rights does not......To review: He started with “the blacks,” through his smear campaign on the citizenship of the nation’s first African-American president. Moved on to Mexicans, war veterans, women who look less than flawless in middle age, the disabled, all Muslims and now people((Japanese Americans) whose grandparents were rousted from their American homes and put in camps.....What he’s done is to give marginalized Americans permission to hate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/11/opinion/campaign-stops/goose-steppers-in-the-gop.html

paLR1Md.jpg

Still waiting on your preferred media hacks, er, "experts", the links that is, and the Hitler family stuff. It's ok, I'm not holding my breath.

Fortunately????

Soooo.....am I supposed to to just trust Fox News "media people" just because they are media people???

Obviously, you listen to liberal media people and just take their word on everything because they are "media people".

UNfortunately people do that.

• Fire 1

Which Koch brother are you?

Haha...I only wish I had 1/10 of their fortune. But in all seriousness, there is little to argue that Trump and Obama have a lot in common in terms of their style to politics. It's sad that the loud voices on the extremes of both parties get all the attention.

I honestly don't think Trump is going to win the nomination. If he doesn't win Iowa, which I don't believe he will do, his whole aura of being a "winner" goes away, and I see him then losing New Hampshire as well to either Rubio or Christie. Trump will then possibly make a comeback in South Carolina, and it will ultimately come down to Florida. If Rubio can win Florida, he will have enough momentum to beat Cruz and Trump, though I see the nomination lasting til at least April.

There's plenty to argue. Just not with you.

I hope Rubio wins. He's the least of the crazy. I don't want to be filled with the fear of Trump actually becoming president for that many months.

You sound like me in 2008. I was actually rooting for Hillary for fear that Obama would turn out to be what he has become...a hard left-winger that has governed as a far leftie. Hillary was more centrist back then, but now in 2016 she too has moved to the left with the rest of the Democratic party. Rubio and Christie I think have the most crossover appeal on the right, just as Jim Webb had on the left, but he's now dropped out. If it's Trump vs Hillary, Hillary wins. If it's Hillary vs Rubio, Bush, Christie, and possibly even Cruz, Hillary loses.

Hillary will beat any Repub, that is, if Dems turn out to vote. Hillary has the broadest base(s) of support. The majority of the Public are Dems. The only way Repubs ever win is if Dems don't turn out and/or district and voter booth gerimandering by Repubs--just ask Al Gore and John Kerry.

First off, the majority of the public are not Democrats. Heck, Democrats are not even a plurality anymore. Independents are as you can see from the most recent Gallup poll of Party ID.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx

Dems have always had a slight Party ID advantage over Republicans (for the past 20 years at least), but it's never strong enough to guarantee a Presidential victory. That is where the Independent factor comes into play.

Second, gerrymandering has nothing to do with a Presidential election. It's a process both parties have used for years to divide up districts in order to maximize the number of seats in the House of representatives. When it comes to Presidential electoral politics, the entire state wide vote is what counts, so it doesn't matter at all how the districts have been divided. Al Gore and John Kerry lost because they were bad candidates with bad ideas, and George W Bush and his team ran great campaigns. Mitt Romney would have made a much better President than Obama, but he was not a great campaigner, and didn't have a great campaign team.

So now as it comes to Hillary, she is much more like Al Gore and John Kerry than she is Obama. When Obama campaigned in 2008, he was like a celebrity and everyone liked him. Hillary is very disliked, which is why her negatives are way higher than her positives. I actually have several friends who are Democrats, and even they don't like her, and a couple have actually said they will not vote for her or will write in someone else's name. She has a history of being deceitful and cannot relate to everyday Americans. From the top GOP candidates running, the only one I think she is likely to beat is Trump.

I guess I didn't realize that Independents had gained such ground. But even from your poll there, it says that, most years, there are more Dems than Repubs and more Dem "leaning" Independents than Repub "leaning", so that means there are more Dems than Repubs, right? Repubs have gained some ground in '15, it appears.

Based on 2014 data, 39% identify as independents, 32% as Democrats and 23% as Republicans. This is the highest percentage of independents in more than 75 years of public opinion polling. When the partisan leanings of independents are taken into account, 48% either identify as Democrats or lean Democratic; 39% identify as Republicans or lean Republican. The gap in leaned party affiliation has held fairly steady since 2009, when Democrats held a 13-point advantage (50% to 37%).

http://www.people-press.org/2015/04/07/a-deep-dive-into-party-affiliation/

GOP Gerrymandering:

In the midterm elections, Republicans appear to have won their largest House majority since the Hoover administration....in many ways, the game was rigged from the start. The GOP benefitted from the most egregious gerrymandering in American history.

GOP donors plowed cash into state legislative efforts in 2010 for the very purpose of redrawing congressional lines. In the following year, as the tea party wave brought hundreds of Republicans into office, newly empowered Republican governors and state legislatures carved congressional districts for maximum partisan advantage. Democrats attempted this too, but only in two states: Maryland and Illinois. For the GOP however, strictly partisan gerrymandering prevailed in Ohio, Pennsylvania Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Louisiana, Arizona, Tennessee and beyond.

Bush's "great campaign" and "great ideas" basically involved stealing the state of FL and everybody knows that. Bush gave us the Iraq War and the Great Recession of '08, more "great ideas".

George W. Bush won the Electoral College in 2000 following the recount in Florida. But Al Gore received more popular votes — about 540,000 more than Mr. Bush nationally, or about 0.5 percent of all votes cast across the country.

As to Kerry /Bush, maybe Bush won, but there was controversy. And, I guess you can find Dems who don't like Hillary, or Repubs that don't like Trump or whoever. I don't particularly like Hillary, but I don't think any Repub can beat her--except maybe Trump, since he's plastered all over the news 24/7.

After the election, some sources reported indications of possible data irregularities and systematic flaws during the voting process, which are covered in detail by the election controversy articles.......Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean said "I'm not confident that the election in Ohio was fairly decided... We know that there was substantial voter suppression, and the machines were not reliable. It should not be a surprise that the Republicans are willing to do things that are unethical to manipulate elections. That's what we suspect has happened."

paLR1Md.jpg

Fortunately????

Soooo.....am I supposed to to just trust Fox News "media people" just because they are media people???

Obviously, you listen to liberal media people and just take their word on everything because they are "media people".

UNfortunately people do that.

I would never advocate trusting Fox News. CNN isn't exactly Liberal, nor is the NY TImes..or the Daily Stormer or the KKK. Whatever, I can see you don't think Trump is a fascist, even though everybody else does. The only link I've seen from you on this thread is the rather generic info about Hitler's rise and his use of anti-Semitism.

Islamophobic mega-donor networks fueling Republican Party candidates Trumpf's rhetoric: namely, the Center for Security Policy(CSP):

In his announcement, Trump pointed to a Center for Security Policy poll finding that 25 percent of Muslims “agreed that violence against Americans here in the United States is justified as a part of the global jihad” and 51 percent “agreed that Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to Sharia.” The findings of this opt-in online poll, however, had already been widely discredited.

The Center for Security Policy, headed by the neoconservative Reagan-era Department of Defense official Frank Gaffney, is a node in a broad network of groups ginning up Islamophobia with conspiracy theories of a takeover of the federal government by the Muslim Brotherhood and the imposition of Sharia law across the United States. Gaffney had also called for a total ban on Muslim entry into the United States prior to Trump’s endorsement of the policy.

By citing the bogus data from Gaffney’s group, Trump helped shine a light on how the broader Islamophobic network works. Bogus statistics and trumped-up conspiracy theories are touted by mainstream figures to increase alarm and fear about Muslims.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-islamophobia_5668a9d7e4b080eddf56e951

I love how Trump gets all up in arms about Clinton saying they use him to recruit, and both CNN and FoxNews go to great lengths to verify that can't be proven (but is probably true), but no one calls Trump on his bullsh#t claim he saw thousands of Muslims HERE celebrating after 9/11.

Double standard much?

Yeah, totally. Well, CNN et al try to call Trump out on his b.s., but he just lies, denies, and deflects as a rule. The media(CNN/Fox), in general, spent most of the last year giving Hillary bad press on the email/Benghazi stuff or basically excluding much coverage of her(or Bernie's) campaign. It's Trump, 24/7, all about the ratings and ad $.

I love how Trump gets all up in arms about Clinton saying they use him to recruit, and both CNN and FoxNews go to great lengths to verify that can't be proven (but is probably true), but no one calls Trump on his bullsh#t claim he saw thousands of Muslims HERE celebrating after 9/11.

Double standard much?

Yeah, totally. Well, CNN et al try to call Trump out on his b.s., but he just lies, denies, and deflects as a rule. The media(CNN/Fox), in general, spent most of the last year giving Hillary bad press on the email/Benghazi stuff or basically excluding much coverage of her(or Bernie's) campaign. It's Trump, 24/7, all about the ratings and ad $.

They cover him because his boisterous behavior and sideshow antics are appealing to most people, much more so than your typical milquetoast politician goings on. But, I'm fairly confident that you're right, they won't really push hard and dig deep to really bury his claims, they'll just gloss over for the ratings. It's a win-win for them and Trump. They get to continue soaking up ratings, and this whole thing does nothing but benefit him. He doesn't care about all the (good) people like me who lost any shred of respect for him they had long ago and realize he's a bigoted, elitist asshat.

He wins the Republican nod, and makes these claims all along the way, just for attention. He's very, very good at publicizing himself. He plays the media like a fiddle. But, he'll probably win the Republican nomination, get crushed by which Dem has the nod, and slink back to whatever slimy business dealings he ordinarily attends to, all the more talked about.

FWIW, I actually don't dislike Hillary as much as a lot of other people. I wouldn't mind Bernie winning the nod either- he seems like a very solid, intelligent dude. Hell, even O'Malley sounded good to me in the debate the other night, not that he has a chance. I just envision the Dems crushing whoever comes out of the Repub field, especially Trump, because it'd quickly be exposed to EVERYONE (not just us that already know it) that he's in way over his head and has no real substance.

Double standard much?

They cover him because his boisterous behavior and sideshow antics are appealing to most people, much more so than your typical milquetoast politician goings on. But, I'm fairly confident that you're right, they won't really push hard and dig deep to really bury his claims, they'll just gloss over for the ratings. It's a win-win for them and Trump. They get to continue soaking up ratings, and this whole thing does nothing but benefit him. He doesn't care about all the (good) people like me who lost any shred of respect for him they had long ago and realize he's a bigoted, elitist asshat.

He wins the Republican nod, and makes these claims all along the way, just for attention. He's very, very good at publicizing himself. He plays the media like a fiddle. But, he'll probably win the Republican nomination, get crushed by which Dem has the nod, and slink back to whatever slimy business dealings he ordinarily attends to, all the more talked about.

FWIW, I actually don't dislike Hillary as much as a lot of other people. I wouldn't mind Bernie winning the nod either- he seems like a very solid, intelligent dude. Hell, even O'Malley sounded good to me in the debate the other night, not that he has a chance. I just envision the Dems crushing whoever comes out of the Repub field, especially Trump, because it'd quickly be exposed to EVERYONE (not just us that already know it) that he's in way over his head and has no real substance.

At this point, I would never underestimate the power of the media to make a president--or governor, etc--out of wealthy businessman/t.v celebrity, even though the guy is a ttl jerk and the people that admire and support him are caught in the foolishness of the delusion. Mur'cans love themselves some t.v. stars. The t.v. has "yooge" power in this country and people are essentially brainwashed and will often vote for whomever they see on the tube the most. Braindead voting, basically. So, Trump, as he generates "yooge" $ for the networks, actually has a scary chance in this thing. So yeah, I'm worried about Trump.

But look at it. After the 1st Pub debate, they gave Fiona some love for awhile and her ratings were up. Shes fades. Then Carson, he fades. Now Christie a bit, but he'll fade. Whoever gets airplay, well, the public talks about e'm, ala flavor of the month. I think Rubio has the most legit staying power other than Trump and maybe Cruz. Graham dropped out today despite his invocations of G Bush, lol. I'm sure he got paid real well from his defense lobbyist to do all that war advocacy for 'em. Cashed in, says "I'm outta here..."

Hillary is too much of a corporate Dem for my tastes, but she is a far better option than what the Pubs have to offer. Bernie's got my vote, though.