WR Desmond Fitzpatrick [Louisville - Signed LOI]

Mavric

12642822_1034471386591635_78934254526932

I get where he is coming from because the idiots who tweet at recruits are the ones who usually say stupid things.

That being said, i can guarantee if he picked Nebraska, Cardinals fans would be tweeting similar stuff.

It is a sad part about the business but when kids put their lives out on social media, they set themselves up to the trolls.

If you dont want the negative junk, dont open your FB/Twitters up to the outside world.

• Fire 2

1. Commit in December

2. Tell the coaches no worries about this sudden late visit.

3. Flip to Louisville after coaches turn away another WR prospect based on #2, just before NSD.

And now you have all sorts of bad things to say about conference weakness and bad weather? OK!

Well, I'm glad an opportunity to play at a powerhouse opened up for them. Wish they would've been more upfront about this possibility; then we might've been able to secure Lipscomb when this happened.

• Fire 5

This is the closest scenario of what a kid can do that compares to a school pulling an offer from a kid late in the game like Harbaugh and others have done.

The loudest voices for the kid is, "well, he's making the biggest decision of his life." For a school/coach, "they're scumbags, I wouldn't want my son playing him!"

Lesson for us/Riley, please don't wait for the last 4-5 targets you're after be your blue chippers that headline make or break a class. Be better.

I 100% agree with your theory but the nature of the beast is sometimes (well maybe more often than that) your top flight kids are just going to wait it out.
yup, you're right too. I'd just prefer we're not waiting on 3-4 of them in the last week. Get some other top flight kids who will commit and stay committed earlier than 11th hour decisions.

This guy, who makes a living following the Huskers and their recruiting, has this to say to you.

1. Commit in December

2. Tell the coaches no worries about this sudden late visit.

3. Flip to Louisville after coaches turn away another WR prospect based on #2, just before NSD.

And now you have all sorts of bad things to say about conference weakness and bad weather? OK!

Well, I'm glad an opportunity to play at a powerhouse opened up for them. Wish they would've been more upfront about this possibility; then we might've been able to secure Lipscomb when this happened.

+1

This is the closest scenario of what a kid can do that compares to a school pulling an offer from a kid late in the game like Harbaugh and others have done.

The loudest voices for the kid is, "well, he's making the biggest decision of his life." For a school/coach, "they're scumbags, I wouldn't want my son playing him!"

Lesson for us/Riley, please don't wait for the last 4-5 targets you're after be your blue chippers that headline make or break a class. Be better.

I 100% agree with your theory but the nature of the beast is sometimes (well maybe more often than that) your top flight kids are just going to wait it out.
yup, you're right too. I'd just prefer we're not waiting on 3-4 of them in the last week. Get some other top flight kids who will commit and stay committed earlier than 11th hour decisions.

https://twitter.com/mikejschaefer/status/694191589862690817

This guy, who makes a living following the Huskers and their recruiting, has this to say to you.

One doesn't inherently exclude the other...

• Fire 1

I don't believe thats the same angle I'm coming from. I don't want to be in big recruiting battles in the last minute. I want us to be sitting in top 15-10 hoping for the cherry on the top, not sitting on 3-5 kids hoping we crack top 25.

I don't believe thats the same angle I'm coming from. I don't want to be in big recruiting battles in the last minute. I want us to be sitting in top 15-10 hoping for the cherry on the top, not sitting on 3-5 kids hoping we crack top 25.

We all want that and unfortunately it doesn't happen in one full recruiting cycle. I think the coaches still have a thing or two to learn about recruiting at a bigger more well known football school. They are used to living with 40th ranked classes but they are quick learners. We'll move up the ladder one rung at a time. It might be one down and two up but we'll get there.

This is a solid class.

We might be in your dream position next year.

This is a solid class.

We might be in your dream position next year.

With the chances of getting KJJ locked in here, I think so too.

I'm not disappointed with this class, I'm not overly ecstatic either, but I do believe we landed some recruits that satusfies our needs - with the exception of DT.

I understand the the circumstances for how this ending played out for the year. For the amount of hours put into missing Fitzpatrick and Simmons, it stung the coaches a lot.

• 1 year later...