Welcome to Corvallis East

ajt1970

This posted by an Oregon State fan.....makes you realize just how happy we made a lot (if not most) fans in Corvallis by hiring Riley.

"Riley has this nice guy persona that's a lie. OSU Beaver fan here. He's "thrown players under the bus" before. There's a alot more that you'll find out about. You'll learn to "love" Mark Banker's ability to scheme a defense, relish the imaginativness of Danny Langsdorf on offense, and appreciate the outstanding coaching that Bruce Read brings to special teams. Lincoln has now become Corvallis East. As a Beaver fan I was worried how we'd get rid of Riley with his 7+ years left on his contract. Then I received a text from a friend that Riley bolted for Nebraska. Thought it was a cruel joke, who would want Riley, especially a nationally known team and brand like Nebraska. And then I confirmed what I was told and broke out into my "happy dance". Thank You Scott Eichorn and Nebraska, thank you so much!"

• Plus1 2

Riley is just a bad fit for Nebraska. His style of offense certainly does not fit with what it takes to win football games at the highest level in Lincoln. San Diego State, Rice, Central Florida, maybe Riley fits in there, he can pass the ball all he wants with all the sunshine and good weather they have, but not in the Big 10 and not at Nebraska.

And another thing, and I hate to put it like this but it's really what I feel, Nebraska is simply too good for a guy like Mike Riley and his credentials. What did he have coming in? I mean, really, look at his record. That's good enough for Ball State or Bowling Green, but Nebraska? Come on. I remember when Riley was first hired, Eichorst said "we will win a lof ot football games" with Riley. Really? What exactly did he base that off of? Certainly not his win-loss record. Certainly not researching Riley's style of play and figuring it'd be a great fit for Nebraska (because it certainly is not with his pass-happy West Coast style of play in Nebraska and its weather conditions), This is why I personally feel ADs should not be the sole decision maker when it comes to hiring coaches. I'd say most don't know anything about the game, and even if they do, it's not enough to make a decision to run a football program. Eichorst screwed up by giving the keys of the Nebraska program to a guy who has never proven himself to be an elite winner in this business. It'd be like hiring a bachelor's degree only student who's interested in medicine to all of the sudden do brain surgery. Riley's 40 years have proven one thing, he is consistently mediocre. is that what Nebraska fans really want? Have we not had enough of this medocrity in the past and have now just given up and "settled"? I know I haven't.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 years later...

Riley is that awful ex that makes you cringe whenever you think of being with them. Thinking to yourself, “how the hell did I sleep with that gross person over and over.” Only to be reminded of them every time you walk out the door.. be gone already. On to who we deserve. 

Sincerely, 

Mrs. Scott frost