If we go 0-5 in October, should the A.D. and coaching staff be flushed so we can get a jump on any good coaches that become available in Nov. & Dec.?

Another point, to all those that say we are just like any other fanbase, that is absolutely incorrect. We have sold out that stadium for who knows how long, we get letters and comments about how great of an experience it was to come to Lincoln from other fans, opposing players and coaches. Nowhere else does this happen. And it is because of our fans.

• Fire 1

as long as we are speculating......what if this current staff goes 5-0 in oct? do we give them raises instead of firing them?

Hell with raises, I'll give them my time machine.

lol...i should have looked at the calender. kk....what if they win the next 5? i seriously doubt they do....but what if they do win them?

And spoil the plan? Right now Riley has the team on pace to win against Wisconsin, Northwestern, Michigan State, and Iowa.

I agree with Dominus, this site does not represent Nebraska. Not even close from what I see looking in. Most Nebraska fans wanted Pelini gone long before it became appropriate on this board.

I doubt there are a tremendous amount of fans calling for Riley's head like on this site. Reason for my comments about rebel rousers.

But I agree if he goes, we hire someone with a proven track record, that knows how to win and we pay the going rate or far over it to get who we want. We have the money, if you want to return to greatness you can not hope it shows up on the shore, you have to fight to get it.

Leave the Nebraska ties out of this. For the love of god. If we get one of those cuz they are the best available so be it. But jeez. Knock off the nebraska guy bullsh#t. Back the armored car up to the best's house and bring him in.

This is how college athletics are now a days. Paying for the best to get you your Ws. Nebraska for a place that seemingly prides itself on cutting edge sure is way behind the times when it comes to hiring coaches and trying to be the good ole boy not waving the flashy wallet around. Im sick of this sh#t. Just get the best regardless of cost. Frickin Osborne was one of a kind. Lightening in a bottle. And it still took him a generation to get there.

Turner Gill. Craig Bohl. Jeebus Kreist......

Yep...next Head Coach will cost $5 million per year minimum if we do it right (plus a few more million per year for his staff).

All of us are upset. Most likely me more than most, as I truly expected it be a little different with Coach Riley. I have not given up hope on him or this team. But the general sentiment of this forum seems to be swinging that way. I think we give the guy a chance, we gave the buffoon before him way too much time.

The problem that most do not consider is the fact that the kids read this stuff. They need our support and supporting the staff helps them feel they have made the right choice I would think. Everyone screaming for their demise can not be good for anything at the moment.

I was not attacking anyone for their feelings, just stating the post was for reaction more than constructive comment.

I have been Husker fan for longer than most on here. I have spent my fair share on the program, and try to help this forum since I became involved with it. But it has changed a lot in the last couple of years. Bo has done the same thing to the fan base that he did to the players. We are split, angry and not willing to wait. Mike Riley took over a real mess. WE have talent, but the mindset of the kids is not positive, as show cased by our team captain and his comments and actions. How many feel like him, who knows, but just one is enough to cause real problems.

Rome was not built in a day, Riley needs our support and the kids need it more. All this negative is not good. I admit I was very negative about the past staff, but it went farther than his coaching. These guys may not be the best coaches, but they are good people and I did not feel the same about the past staff. Bo is the only coach I have not supported, did not from day one. Still feel exactly the same.

I hope the staff figures this out, Nebraska and all of us need them to.

Nope...my initial post indeed was for "constructive comments"...of which I have seen plenty. Guess you're not a mind-reader.

And nothing against Coach Riley, but he's not the man for this job...he never was. Getting back to my original question, if we go 0-5 in October, does it make sense to flush them all (including the A.D.) and start over? Why waste 3 more years just to have the inevitable happen?

Getting back to my original question, if we go 0-5 in October, does it make sense to flush them all (including the A.D.) and start over?

In my opinion, no.

Eichorst's and Perlman's departure would be welcome by me, even if Nebraska runs the table undefeated from here on out. But I don't know how one would go about having them step down.

Riley isn't getting fired, even if we lose out. Even next year, he's safe. Only chance he's not here in 2017 is if her retires, or we have 2 losing seasons.

I notice this or similar statements being made a lot, but why is this? Surely Nebraska (and some really angry boosters) have deep enough pockets to pay out. And with regards to perception...I'm sure the football world would understand that a program like Nebraska can't afford back to back losing seasons.

• Fire 1

The problem is compounded though when you are currently paying your last coach a bunch of money to not be here and then you'd have to pay another coach to not be here. That's tough for any program to absorb...........

No according to some on here. Haven't you heard, we are loaded with all kinds of money and can afford to do things like that.

I remember almost 10 years ago, one day, Riley turned around a 5-6 season to a 10-4 season. And this was after he produced a 8-5 and 7-5 season. Keep hope. This staff has been proven to be very very good. They have produced 1 10 win season in 12 seasons. I think by 2025 when Riley is just 73 years young, we may get to that 10 win season.

you-serious-clark-o-s.gif

Riley isn't getting fired, even if we lose out. Even next year, he's safe. Only chance he's not here in 2017 is if her retires, or we have 2 losing seasons.

No way thats crazy. Two 4-8 seasons in a row and youd have a broken sellout streak and full blown apathy. No way that happens.

Which is what I said?