The Tangent/Derailment Thread: 2015

zoogs

• 10 months later...

I cannot wait for this game.

It's payback time for one of the ugliest, most embarrassing losses by the Huskers on National TV in 5 years at least. Had the Badgers not taken the foot off the gas, Gordon would have rushed for almost 600 yards. And they would have scored close to 80.

Come on Huskers - it's payback time! Games in Lincoln! Let's do this!

GBR!

Agree.

We win this game and it's one we can feel good about for sure. Can't wash away the suck of last weekend, but we could sure make a statement about who we are and what we're about if we choose to go into this game and take this farkin win.

This is one of those statement games.

It sure is!

giphy.gif

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Xmas!

We would be 5-0 if Mike Riley was still in Corvallis.

You have no way to prove that

You have no way to disprove it.

Muslims, Jews and Atheists don't believe in Christmas so not everyone would have a merry one.

I do know some Jews that celebrate Christmas.

Just sayin.....

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Xmas!

We would be 5-0 if Mike Riley was still in Corvallis.

You have no way to prove that

You have no way to disprove it.

Muslims, Jews and Atheists don't believe in Christmas so not everyone would have a merry one.

I do know some Jews that celebrate Christmas.

Just sayin.....

Congratulations?

The desperation to win at Nebraska has come to fruition in only 5 games.

It's amazing, isn't it? We aren't even halfway through the season and the smell of desperation and ineptitude reeks.

Well, many of us here were born and raised in the Midwest...we know bullsh*t when we smell it, and we know when it's time to clean out the barn!

What a coincidence that a person who has spent the last several months on this forum lambasting all things Mike Riley just happened to run into a former Oregon State player who - get this - has bad things to say about Riley.

What are the odds?

I wasn't bashing Riley until the performance on the field has warranted the bashing. This former player also said he was shocked that NU hired Riley in the first place, this was a day after the hiring happened.

• Fire 1

What a coincidence that a person who has spent the last several months on this forum lambasting all things Mike Riley just happened to run into a former Oregon State player who - get this - has bad things to say about Riley.

What are the odds?

Hey, I just ran into Brandon Browner..you know, the cornerback for the Saints... He said Banker is the worst D-Coordinator ever. Take this for what it's worth guys. He played for Oregon State.

in the 1980's. I was going to say something about Riley, but I thought better against it, because he's got bigger things on his mind. Unsolicited by me, he said to me "Hey, I am sorry that Riley isn't doing well for Nebraska. I didn't think it was a good hire at the time, and I don't understand why a program like Nebraska would hire him in the first place. Don't get me wrong, Riley is a nice guy, but he's not a great coach."

We chatted for a couple minutes in the hallway, and then he ended it with "Banker is not a good defensive coordinator. We had been trying to get ride of him for a long time." I just replied "Yeah, I don't know what Banker is trying to do out there."

I just thought this was an interesting perspective. I know this isn't the first time we have heard this chatter from Oregon State fans/alums. This was a guy who played football at Oregon State, so he knows his stuff. It's almost like he felt sorry for me, in that I (as a Husker fan) have to deal with Riley now. The most telling part to me was the way he interjected "He's a nice guy". When we keep on hearing that about Riley, it tells me that they struggle to find other positives about Riley, so they always fall back on "well, he's a nice guy".

It's kind of in the same vein as "butterface".

So hypothetically and I say a big HYPOTHETICALLY if we would have knocked down the hail mary, not thrown the INT in OT, or if Devine catches the third down pass. Would everyone still be calling for Riley's job if he was 5-0

Does this former Oregon State player / boss know that Nebraska has an almost 5-0 record and was only three plays away from starting a new dynasty????

It doesn't matter, Nebraska is 2-3. Winning those games close still tells the same story as the losses. NU just isn't very good. That's evidenced by who the losses are to, and who those teams have lost to this season.

It's not like we're out there competing with Bama, LSU, Florida State, etc.

It's effin Illinois, a 3-2 BYU, and a Miami team that got spanked by Cincy.

Does this former Oregon State player / boss know that Nebraska has an almost 5-0 record and was only three plays away from starting a new dynasty????

And does he realize that Riley inherited an empty cupboard that's full of untalented players that haven't bought in?

Plus 408 used up all of Nebraska's luck!