board or username issues?

wildman

I've been having issues with my user name I would assume. It started last year just been busy to report it. When I come here for news I look at topics without signing in. Normally going through the new content option. Well I get multiple pages of current topics posters are responding in. When I go to log in to respond myself. When I click on new topics it'll show just a couple topics or none at all. When just a moment ago without logging in had 4 pages.

any idea what could be possibly causing this?

The new topics are kept per user so when you view the topics without logging in, it doesn't know what to show for new topics (I don't think). I thought it usually showed nothing new when I do that but perhaps it shows everything new.

However, when you log in, it should show anything new since you last logged in. Not sure why it would only be showing you a few things there.

This could be a cookies issue. I can't immediately find any documentation, but I remember that in addition to your "username" session, cookies also store your IP as another form of matching. So, if you view the board without logging in, then log in and there are only a few "new content" threads or posts, it may be due to the cookie matching the IP for each session.

I thought it could be a cookies thing to. But i've been having this issue over 3 computers now and 2 of them ive deleted cookies and internet history. The computer I used yesterday to create this post. Was the first time ive ever logged in on that computer.

When I clicked on the link Zoogs provided I got 2 pages worth of stuff. Where as yesterday I had 3 topics.