Did you ever...

Probably not what you were looking for but I attended 12 different schools in 5 different states in 10 years. I had teachers and/or coaches that I loved and places I didn't want to leave. I got over it pretty quickly. And I was between the ages of 6-16.

Personally I am not sure why an 18-23 year old can't be men about it.

They don't have to be when a majority of the people want to treat them like kids, so they are going to act like them.

On thing that bugs me to no end is that people are pushing the blame onto everyone else except the players. I know that the coaches should get ridiculed for some things but the players so be ridiculed also for some things. The players should be held just as accountable as the coaches.

23 years old and the division of the company I had worked for for 2 years was sold to competitor. All of a sudden one day I walked was told I had a meeting at the offices and the new boss was there telling everyone exactly how things were going to work. My ex boss resigned shortly after.

There was concern, dislike, distrust..etc. at first. But, if both sides are mature it can work out. It's life. Things change. The sooner young people (or anyone) realizes that, the easier transitions like this are. I had co-workers that acted like jackasses from the start and they didn't last long. I then had some accepted the challenge and they thrived in the new company. I got along very well with them and then left two years later for other reasons.

The merged company has done very well.

Yes, when I ran track in college a coach I really liked and respected got fired at the end of the season. Was really tough but I ended up liking the new coach my senior year and still keep in touch with both.

I trusted the new coach wanted us to do well and while I respected my former coach I felt that no coach is bigger than the school or program. To not compete to the best of my ability would have been an insult to everyone who competed before me. Had a few underclassman who had some toxic attitudes (and destroyed the careers of 2 freshman). Another senior and I went to the new coach and requested that we kick those guys off the team. He agreed with us but said that since it was our call (and that we were the team leaders) it was our decision to kick them off so we did.

They called us "sellouts" but the team was much better off once we severed ties with them and we had a pretty successful year.

Lux, no.

Bosses should strive to communicate and build a relationship with their employees. Not a wall.

I think the term tough love is relevant but don't be a prick to people.

At least in terms of public schools. Yes the principal is the boss, but he can't go around hounding and harping all the time sucking the schools life blood out of the system.

Hey, you know my previous principal! The current one is so much better. Plus he's a Husker, so there's that.

So many school administrators just aren't very good at their jobs. Many of them weren't very good teachers in the first place. Then some are very good.

I taught MS/JH for 15 years. The worst job in my school district was Jr High Assistant principle. It is a sh#t job you deal with all the crap and discipline. I had an assistant principle that frankly wasn't very good at the job, nice enough guy, but always wanted to make deals with kids and give them too many chances. Basically he was too soft on them. Kids don't respect that.

Anyway he moves to a different building as its principle and then comes back to my building as the big boss. Replacing the principle that I probably liked the best of any over my 20 year teaching career. Needless to say I wasn't real happy. He was actually a much better principle than the assistant. When he didn't have to be the heavy all the time he was pretty good at his job.

I never had to adjust to a new coach. But in HS, the guys younger than me did! We lost two regular season games during my four years and lost 5 total, losing in the playoffs FR and SO years, semifinals my junior year and undefeated state champs my senior year. Our coach moved on to a new school the next year and the program fell apart. Meanwhile, my old coach took his new team to their first ever state championship his 2nd season there.

I was also once a new staff member under a new head coach who replaced a legend. The legendary coach had passed away in the offseason, and the new coach was an alum that had played for the legend, so it was a pretty smooth transition.

I use to be in the military. Unless your deployed the units are always changing with personel. As you always move every 2 years or 3 if your married. So every year we would get new sargents and or officers. For the most part it wasn't to bad but the dread was always there. Cause a lot of them would want to do things their way. So the saying was if you don't like whos in charge give it a couple months. You or them would be going to a new duty station. As much of a pain in the arse it was to constantly learn a new way to do something you've been doing for years was. It was much better than the mangement I have at my current job.

After my jr. year, my football coach was fired. We really weren't very good under him, but we all liked him primarily because we got to play whatever position we wanted. In comes the new guy, and he starts dictating what positions we would play. It didn't go well. He didn't get his way because I and one or two others wouldn't switch. He tried to pull rank, but he was unwilling to bench us. Instead, he put me on all of the special teams with only freshman and a couple of sophomores to return punts and kicks. In hindsight, I think he was just intentionally trying to get me injured so he didn't have to deal with me any longer.