What does a victory over Wisconsin do for you?

Does a victory over Wisconsin make a difference depending on how they finish? Or is it all the same? If they finish 6-6 or 7-5, does it matter as much as some people seem to think it will mean at this point in time.

Wisconsin is REALLY not that good, at least offensively.

In the long run of the season, a win over Wisconsin probably won't mean much, if NU finishes 6-6 or 7-5. Now, if a win this week gives the team a huge boost of confidence and enables the team to finish 8-4 or 9-3, then that would be great. I'm not holding my breath for that to happen, but I can still hope.

EVERY win means a lot. This is college football, for christ sake!

regardless of Wisconsin's perceived strength or weakness, we should want and need to beat them every year. They are a divisional opponent, if nothing more.

They ARE more, though. They have had our number, and need to be put back in their place.

• Fire 2

regardless of Wisconsin's perceived strength or weakness, we should want and need to beat them every year. They are a divisional opponent, if nothing more.

They ARE more, though. They have had our number, and need to be put back in their place.

I didn't say we shouldn't want to beat them. I'm just saying, don't look into it, or be surprised if NU wins. Wisconsin just isn't good this year. That's it. Because a win over wisconsin people will start to believe that this team is something it's probably not.

I didn't say we shouldn't want to beat them. I'm just saying, don't look into it, or be surprised if NU wins. Wisconsin just isn't good this year. That's it. Because a win over wisconsin people will start to believe that this team is something it's probably not.

So you are basically downplaying the win in advance, just in case. That way you can continue to complain about Riley, win or lose. Got it.

Good strategy.

• Fire 3

Was having this exact conversation with a buddy today so thought I'd chime in here too. Beating Wisconsin would be, for me, a HUGE feel good kinda win. Our team is hurting, the fans are hurting and Wisky has owned us. Good, bad, ugly a win would be pretty sweet.

• Fire 1

A win will be good, I will be happy that we won the game and get excited about the next game against Minnesota.

No this is not a vintage Wisconsin team, but they aren't terrible. I think a lot of people just thought because Cryst was a Wisconsin guy nothing changes and they wouldn't miss a beat, but obviously that is not true. They lack playmakers on offense and defense IMO. They play good sound defense, but they haven't played any really good offenses except Alabama and they hung 500 yards on them.

Not saying that NU will hang 500 yards and 35 points on them, there are plenty of issues going on with this team also. Nebraska just needs one good performance and they could get things going in the right direction.

It should be a close game, but I would not be surprised to see Nebraska hang 30 on them. I don't think Wisconsin has the playmakers to score 30 on Nebraska, but you never know.

So you are basically downplaying the win in advance, just in case. That way you can continue to complain about Riley, win or lose. Got it.

Good strategy.

I think what Power T is saying that "a win over Wisconsin won't tell us much in the grand scheme of things". This is not a vintage Wisconsin team. I will take the win wholeheartedly, but it won't mean much if NU continues to struggle the rest of the way. The only way it's a meaningful win is if the team/coaches build on it, improve, and continue to win games this season.

Beating Wisconsin will go a long way towards earning my trust back. Obviously penalties and game management are going to be an ongoing problem with this staff, but if we can put games out of reach it won't be as big an issue. Thats how we can win this game, put it out of reach.