LJS: McBride has positive feeling about NU coaches

zoogs

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/mcbride-has-positive-feeling-about-nu-coaches/article_79b998f4-6dd6-11e5-98c5-a3f8c211e14b.html?utm_source=huskerboard

Charlie McBride knows how hard everyone takes losing in the state of Nebraska. He took his share of heat for a lot of years before he was as beloved as he is by the Husker fan base today.

The former Nebraska defensive coordinator is also full of positivity about this new staff despite NU's 2-3 start.

McBride talks about how it takes time to cultivate relationships with a new team, and his praise for the new staff abounds. Said McBride: "He is the only coach that came in, period, that asked any of the former coaches, not for advice about what they're playing, but about people in the state. They wanted to learn as much about it as they could. There's nobody that's ever done that before."

He asks Husker fans to "give them a chance". Hear, hear!

No wonder Riley looked pale as a ghost after losing to Illinois. :D

• Fire 3

http://journalstar.com/sports/football/college/coaches-praise-callahan-hiring/article_810c0d70-e3d5-5f8a-a8b3-39f9e10dce74.html

One of Callahan's biggest supporters is former Nebraska defensive coordinator Charlie McBride, the architect of NU's national championship defenses during the 1990s.

In fact, the first person Callahan spoke with Friday morning after he signed a six-year contract with Nebraska was McBride.

"Billy's as good a fit for Nebraska that I can ever imagine," McBride said.

. . . .

"I told my wife that if Bill didn't make it at Oakland, I hope Steve looks at him," McBride said.

"He would be my first choice."

• Fire 2

http://journalstar.com/sports/football/college/coaches-praise-callahan-hiring/article_810c0d70-e3d5-5f8a-a8b3-39f9e10dce74.html

One of Callahan's biggest supporters is former Nebraska defensive coordinator Charlie McBride, the architect of NU's national championship defenses during the 1990s.

In fact, the first person Callahan spoke with Friday morning after he signed a six-year contract with Nebraska was McBride.

. . . .

"I told my wife that if Bill didn't make it at Oakland, I hope Steve looks at him," McBride said.

q5UXfHz.gif

• Fire 3

. . . .

Yikes! I had never seen this before.

I gave MR a chance. I dismissed the BYU game because I thought BYU was a good team and I viewed the hail mary as a fluke. But after 3 losses, 4 bad games, including a game that was thrown away, MR is out of chances. My initial reaction of "why was this guy hired" sees to have been the correct reaction.

• Fire 1

. . . .

I remembered it, but not the exact quotes.

Thanks for the find, Redneck!

• Fire 1

Callahan was a good hire. So was Bo. They both got their chances...a chance you don't want to give at all to Riley.

Really hard to understand.

Callahan was bad from day 1. Bo was a question mark, turned out ok, but u ultimately not the right guy.

Riley will get his time, and his record will be his legacy. Most hope it's great.

But there are many reasons to be skeptical.

• Fire 2

Callahan was a good hire. So was Bo. They both got their chances...a chance you don't want to give at all to Riley.

Really hard to understand.

Callahan was bad from day 1. Bo was a question mark, turned out ok, but u ultimately not the right guy.

Riley will get his time, and his record will be his legacy. Most hope it's great.

But there are many reasons to be skeptical.

agree, Cally showed up with a phone book of plays and shifts......way too much for college kids and the deception before the snaps were hardest on our kids, not the opposing team, we fooled no one except ourselves!

Bo was a defensive guy and his complex schemes went to hell, his offense was directed by a paranoid OC.......Beck was goofy, "basketball on grass my ass".........

they are both gone for good reasons......it is early, but Riley has not displayed his experience as of yet.....some painfully obvious mistakes by him and 'dorf.....so far.

. . . .

I gave MR a chance. I dismissed the BYU game because I thought BYU was a good team and I viewed the hail mary as a fluke. But after 3 losses, 4 bad games, including a game that was thrown away, MR is out of chances. My initial reaction of "why was this guy hired" sees to have been the correct reaction.

while riley's mistakes have been bad ones, you got to give him 2 seasons at least......i understand, no one has much patience at this time.