Open Letter to the team: Wisconsin 2015 Edition

Redux

First off, thank you. Thank you for being here. Regardless what I or the rest of the fan base thinks of you, thank you for being a Husker.

Now, we all know the score. The college football world has already written this team off for the year, a lot of the fans too. This is what we call a transition year. A season where the new staff implements new philosophies and schemes. Some of that transition has been harder on you than we expected.

Guess what? It's time to get past all that and focus at the task at hand. Let me tell you something, I haven't seen a team yet this season I have been over the moon impressed with. People say this team is void of talent. I say that's BS. This team has the fortitude to compete with whomever you line up against.

This week, you line up against Wisconsin. This team can steamroll over top of you if you don't get your heads on straight. They are going to come full force at you, you need to be ready to return the favor. All that talk of being inept, of being untalented and of the season being over. Take that and focus all your energy on taking that frustration out on Wisconsin. Take no prisoners, pull no punches. That team deserves to get embarassed. Why? Because they will gladly do it to you.

This season is far from over fellas. You have two choices. One, you can cruise along to a 5-7 record and say "Meh, theres always next year". Or you can man up, Smear some war paint on and go to battle! The season is far from over, and you are the ones who ultimately decide how this story ends. Do you want it to end with a whimper? Hell no! You want it to end with a shockwave of surprise that nobody saw coming!

How do you do that? You get your asses out of this funk and you go to battle tomorrow. Play like your head is on fire, play like you have nothing to lose. Because if you lose to Wisconsin, you may never forgive yourselves for not being able to step up when your team needed you the most.

Now for the fans for your coaches and mostly for yourselves, get out there and trounce Wisconsin. There is absolutely no reason you can't. Hell or high water, we believe in you. Go Big Red boys!

• Fire 3

This will be Saturday.

Both teams have new coaches, both teams coming off horrible b10 starts. Both teams riddled with injuries.

Good luck Nebraska.

Should be interesting...

This team has the heart and guts and skills and talent to get the job done against Wisconsin as well as all the teams on the schedule. We have all on this board said this before and it was true when we said it and it is still true today and will be true at the end of the season, no matter what has happened or will happen in each game all year long. The key to winning is for the players to play EACH AND EVERY PLAY as hard as they possibly can. The team that wants to win the game the most almost always wins and there is no reason this game will different.

Get R DONE Huskers!!!!!

• Fire 1