Recruited/ing QB at Nebraska

POB doesn't fit in every teams system. While he will run if necessary he is pretty much a thread the needle/ hit the receiver in stride passer as opposed to a run first/ lob the ball in the general direction and hope the receiver runs under it before the DB does. All of the big boys already have at least one if not two QB's recruited. His soph and Jr years he focused on baseball as much as football and this past summer hired a top QB coach so he could commit fully to being a great QB. His efforts are showing in this his senior year. Riley and Langsdorf found him early and got him onboard.

Oh yeah, that QB coach would Steve Calhoun, the same coach that helped Martinez with his improvement between his sophomore and junior seasons.

I had lunch with a Steve Calhoun and a former Husker the day before Pelini's first spring game. Really sharp guy.

POB doesn't fit in every teams system. While he will run if necessary he is pretty much a thread the needle/ hit the receiver in stride passer as opposed to a run first/ lob the ball in the general direction and hope the receiver runs under it before the DB does. All of the big boys already have at least one if not two QB's recruited. His soph and Jr years he focused on baseball as much as football and this past summer hired a top QB coach so he could commit fully to being a great QB. His efforts are showing in this his senior year. Riley and Langsdorf found him early and got him onboard.

Oh yeah, that QB coach would Steve Calhoun, the same coach that helped Martinez with his improvement between his sophomore and junior seasons.

I had lunch with a Steve Calhoun and a former Husker the day before Pelini's first spring game. Really sharp guy.

Let me guess, one of your model friends was with you also?

• Fire 1

BTW, Feragamo got sacked alot. I would not be surprised to check his career stats and see he finished his two years at Nebraska as our all time WORST rusher with about 500 negative 'net' rushing yards in a career (sacks). He was a statue basically.

Wasn't quite that bad. He had -3 yards net in '76 and positive 31 yards in '75.

Let me guess, one of your model friends was with you also?

No, but your jealousy is showing. One of these days I'll post a video for you, Matty.

Maybe he doesn't want to be a college coach. He can stay in California, have people pay him good money to be a QB guru, and not have to worry about the crazy hours of being a college football coach. Maybe he has kids or family that he wants to stay near.

My younger brother is a position "Coaching Guru" with his own clinics and clients. He turned down two offers from big schools over the summer. His reasoning is just as you say. He can live where he is, no high pressure, long hour days and make a decent income on the side.

I don't blame him. I'd probably do the same.