I think Houston is holding out to hopefully get an offer from the Big12.

Big12 would be dumb to not go after Houston and Memphis in my opinion.

From a television market $$$$$ point of view, I don't think the Big 12 would do themselves any favors by going after another Texas school. Way too many from that state already.

Yes. People who say that Houston will join the Big 12 don't know how this conference realignment stuff works.

From a television market $$$$$ point of view, I don't think the Big 12 would do themselves any favors by going after another Texas school. Way too many from that state already.

Yes. People who say that Houston will join the Big 12 don't know how this conference realignment stuff works.

A Texas-centric Big12 would be akin to the old SWC which only had a regional following. A lot of Texas recruits preferred to play in the Big 8 to get better exposure. Although unlikely, I hope they pick up Houston with Rice or SMU. :D

Except from the Houston market, which is predominately aTm territory, and isn't owned by the Big XII as a local market. It's why picking up a CSU or Air Force would make sense, as it gives the Big XII the Colorado market back. It's about planting flags and carrier subscription fees for conference networks, folks. Can't soak the masses if you don't have a flag in their territory.

And Houston wouldn't have gone out on a limb like that if they didn't have some reassurances they weren't going to get picked up by a P5 conference...much to Oklahoma's chagrin. Though Oklahoma probably won't care too much now if they're celebrating a National Championship here in January 2016.

Or, if you're straight from the Politics tab and still have your tin-foil hats on...OMFG!!! CONFIRMED AAC IS A POWER CONFERENCE NOW!!!!11!!11!!!!

I could see Houston in the Big 12 very soon. TV money matters, but getting a CC Game is important as well.

Yup. To the tune of $20 million/year, if the B1G Championship Game is anything to go off of. That's enough to offset the share of static TV dollars Houston and (INSERT SCHOOL HERE) will take when they join the Big XII.

• 2 weeks later...