http://www.houstonpress.com/news/tom-hermans-not-happy-with-uh-attendance-7871103

Herman isn't happy with Houston's fan attendance. Well, no one supports there team more than NU! Come on in to Lincoln, Coach Tom.

Hey, "Coach Tom" sounds nice. I think we had one of those before. He did pretty good.

Can you handle the expectations here? Do you want to coach a winner (most wins since '70)? We're ready, and waiting.

• Fire 1

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/tom-hermans-not-happy-with-uh-attendance-7871103

Herman isn't happy with Houston's fan attendance. Well, no one supports there team more than NU! Come on in to Lincoln, Coach Tom.

Hey, "Coach Tom" sounds nice. I think we had one of those before. He did pretty good.

Can you handle the expectations here? Do you want to coach a winner (most wins since '70)? We're ready, and waiting.

I hope they will keep this thread up. I posted one earlier today titled "Calling Justin Fuente" and it got taken down after a couple of posts. I guess we are not allowed to hope for better coaching than we are seeing so far this year.

• Fire 1

Can we just accept the fact we got screwed here and just accept the next four years under Riley? Keep hope that in 4 years we make a better decision.

Life is so much less stressful when you dont care about football on Saturdays. Enjoy the next four year vacation from the sport.

Thats actually probably a good thing for me. I'll be focused about landing my first teaching gig next fall and hopefully running my own football and/or wrestling programs somewhere around the state.

Can we just accept the fact we got screwed here and just accept the next four years under Riley? Keep hope that in 4 years we make a better decision.

Life is so much less stressful when you dont care about football on Saturdays. Enjoy the next four year vacation from the sport.

Thats actually probably a good thing for me. I'll be focused about landing my first teaching gig next fall and hopefully running my own football and/or wrestling programs somewhere around the state.

Yep, Nebraska football will be here in four years. By then, hopefully we are in better hands.

You can't fire a coach after 1 year, but you certainly can after 2. We miss a bowl next year and we should start a $6m go fund me to get Herman here and Riley out of his contract. I'm half kidding.

You can't fire a coach after 1 year, but you certainly can after 2. We miss a bowl next year and we should start a $6m go fund me to get Herman here and Riley out of his contract. I'm half kidding

IF we don't make a bowl this year, and even if we win 6-7 games next year, i'd be fine with moving on.

Honestly, I don't see the issue with just accepting the bad decision and moving on now because we all know we will be moving on in a year or two from now and will just have to begin the rebuilding process AGAIN. So why not accept the mistake, admit this as a lost season and start rebuilding now.

SE can simply come out and say, "Look folks, I made a mistake, I apologize, but I am not going to allow Nebraska football to be Purdue"

It's like any scandal, you always look so much better in the media if you just come out and admit it first rather then deny deny deny. I'd have so much more respect for the guy if he did come out and admit his mistake and take action, rather then trying to hide this awful wart for 2-3 years and the agree it was a mistake.

The longer we have this, the deeper we dig our hole.

• Fire 1

You can't fire a coach after 1 year, but you certainly can after 2. We miss a bowl next year and we should start a $6m go fund me to get Herman here and Riley out of his contract. I'm half kidding.

You can't fire a coach after 1 year, but you certainly can after 2. We miss a bowl next year and we should start a $6m go fund me to get Herman here and Riley out of his contract. I'm half kidding

IF we don't make a bowl this year, and even if we win 6-7 games next year, i'd be fine with moving on.

Honestly, I don't see the issue with just accepting the bad decision and moving on now because we all know we will be moving on in a year or two from now and will just have to begin the rebuilding process AGAIN. So why not accept the mistake, admit this as a lost season and start rebuilding now.

SE can simply come out and say, "Look folks, I made a mistake, I apologize, but I am not going to allow Nebraska football to be Purdue"

It's like any scandal, you always look so much better in the media if you just come out and admit it first rather then deny deny deny. I'd have so much more respect for the guy if he did come out and admit his mistake and take action, rather then trying to hide this awful wart for 2-3 years and the agree it was a mistake.

IMO, he has too much pride for this. Thats why he hired Mr Rogers. A guy who is nice, won't make waves, won't become "bigger" than SE and take whatever sh!t SE throws his way.

I believe Southern Miss did this a couple years ago with the coach that led them to 0-12. Only thing we can pray for is that USC makes Riley an offer he can't refuse and he takes it. What has happened here has been an absolute train wreck so far.

I believe Southern Miss did this a couple years ago with the coach that led them to 0-12. Only thing we can pray for is that USC makes Riley an offer he can't refuse and he takes it. What has happened here has been an absolute train wreck so far.

USC is NOT going to offer Riley. Who in their right mind would hire Riley after the debacle he's created here, and they way he was on the verge of getting run out of Oregon State....USC offered Riley a HC job almost 20 years ago, they realize Riley is now approaching mid 60s and well past his prime. Plus his overall coaching record is 2 games below .500.....................And if Southern Miss did this, I have already forgotten they did such a thing.

Also, I can't think of any other job where you can consistently under perform for 8 weeks and not get talked to or get the risk of losing your job.

Man, if I went to work for 8 straight weeks of just under performing I am sure I would have been talked to several times by management, and probably would have never seen week 8.

• Fire 1

USC is NOT going to offer Riley. Who in their right mind would hire Riley after the debacle he's created here, and they way he was on the verge of getting run out of Oregon State....USC offered Riley a HC job almost 20 years ago, they realize Riley is now approaching mid 60s and well past his prime. Plus his overall coaching record is 2 games below .500.....................And if Southern Miss did this, I have already forgotten they did such a thing.

Also, I can't think of any other job where you can consistently under perform for 8 weeks and not get talked to or get the risk of losing your job.

Man, if I went to work for 8 straight weeks of just under performing I am sure I would have been talked to several times by management, and probably would have never seen week 8.

Especially your first job with the company.....