Can you fire a coach after 1 year?

Southern Miss fired Ellis Johnson after one year in 2012. Team was CUSA champions the year before and went 0-12 under his regime.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8682876/ellis-johnson-fired-coach-southern-mississippi-golden-eagles-following-0-12-season

Well you take a 12 win championship team and go ont to lose 12, you deserve to be fired.

Riley is taking a 9-3 team and is on track to finish 4-8. The guy can recruit so he deserves another year. But if 2016 cant net 10 wind, I would be open to another try at getting our guy. Eichorst said we wanted to compete for titles and that 10 wins wasn't enough. Hope he stands by that.

Southern Miss fired Ellis Johnson after one year in 2012. Team was CUSA champions the year before and went 0-12 under his regime.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8682876/ellis-johnson-fired-coach-southern-mississippi-golden-eagles-following-0-12-season

Well you take a 12 win championship team and go ont to lose 12, you deserve to be fired.

Riley is taking a 9-3 team and is on track to finish 4-8. The guy can recruit so he deserves another year. But if 2016 cant net 10 wind, I would be open to another try at getting our guy. Eichorst said we wanted to compete for titles and that 10 wins wasn't enough. Hope he stands by that.

Who, exactly, is "our guy?"

I am not trying to be rude here, but where is the proof of this? Nebraska currently has a 39th? ranked recruiting class, one of the lowest in years...

Also, Oregon State under their brand new head coach just signed two 4 star recruits to Corvallis, the highest rated recruits to go to Oregon State in 2 years.

• Fire 1

Who, exactly, is "our guy?"

Wasn't Bo, probably won't be Riley. Doubt it's Frost, Richt, Johnson either. I would take a hard look at Fuentes if he was still at Memphis should next season mirror this one.

I am not trying to be rude here, but where is the proof of this? Nebraska currently has a 39th? ranked recruiting class, one of the lowest in years...

Also, Oregon State under their brand new head coach just signed two 4 star recruits to Corvallis, the highest rated recruits to go to Oregon State in 2 years.

Well our class is on pace for a really good cycle. If we actually finished at 39th, I would be worried. I think we see a top 25 finish easy.

I'm not one of the fire Riley after 1 year people but was just providing info for the thread. Riley will get 2-3 years, if he goes Eichorst hopefully will be out with him. Whoever the new president of UNL ends up being has some interesting decisions ahead of them.

He can? We're currently ranked #30 by 247, #39 by Rivals, and #25 by ESPN. Not good enough.

...because we all know that the next guy just has to be an improvement, because <insert reason here>

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. So yeah, "Perlman/Eichorst is going to get it right this time if he make another hire at end of this year...because <insert reason supplied above here>."

Just wanting a better coach doesn't guarantee a better coach. Tell us how and show us why the next hire will be any better, or even as good, using the last almost 20 years as the template with the same guy calling the shots.

Also, before you answer "Well, anyone can do better than Riley!", please go back and revisit last year's firing of Pelini and the prevalent notion that "Even a trained monkey can win nine games at Nebraska!"