JUCO DE Jonathan Kongbo [Tennessee Commit]

Mavric

• 2 weeks later...

From Husker Journal:

JOHNATHAN KONGBO, DE, 6-6, 260, ARIZONA WESTERN CC

Kongbo has offers from Arizona, Auburn, Louisville, Mississippi, Nebraska, Oregon State, Tennessee, Washington and a few others. He visited Mississippi October 18th, has a scheduled visit to Auburn November 20th. Would like to visit Nebraska at a later date.

Kongbo was born in South Africa (Congo). Moved to Canada played some football before transferring to Arizona Western CC.

Huskers.

“I know Nebraska has a rich tradition, their program in the past had lots of success. I guess that intrigued me the most.” Kongbo said

“They (Nebr.) just said they needed help rushing the passer. They like what I can do on the field. Like the fact I’m a big kid who can move well, aggressive, and I can get to the quarterback.”

“I actually took a visit to Ole Miss.” He says. “It was a real cool experience first time down south. It was great, I had a great time with the coaches. They need a lot of help on defense.” Kongbo said

“They (Ole Miss.) basically needed someone to come in with a little bit mature out of high school other than freshman.” Kongbo said

“I might, I might.” Deciding whether to visit Alabama. “A school I’m definitely looking into. To see if I can fit in. They like the size I bring and my athletic abilities. I use to hear from Alabama, but the last week or two I haven’t.

cornhead.gif