Maliek Collins

C N Red

Collins got chewed out because of the 1st down run by Jackson with about 2 minutes to go. Jackson got the 1st down because Collins pulled a 'me' play, got completely out of his gap, and gave a huge lane for Jackson to pick up a 1st down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDVeQFoOspY?t=2h21m28s

Yeah, it's on Collins since we certainly couldn't hope for Bando and the other LB to make a play.

I think you could make the point on #3 or #5. I can't tell what number it is. But it appears Banderas was playing a gap and attacking the line and Collins went the same way. That doesn't look like it would have been drawn up that way.

I'm kinda dissing on our LBs in general, is what I'm going for here.

Gotcha. Carry on, then.

Although. I think they have played about as well as they could up to this game considering the lack of numbers and the multiple injuries.

Who knows why Collins was so mad? Maybe he agrees with most of us here and thinks Banker's D is a complete joke. I know it's the player's job to do what the coaches tell them to do, but Collins isn't dumb.

I also don't think it's a big deal if he is arguing with another teammate. That happens all the time in the heat of battle. Are people upset that he is arguing the the golden child, Gangwish?

I'd much rather have 22 players playing every weekend with the heart of Gangwish.

Collins got chewed out because of the 1st down run by Jackson with about 2 minutes to go. Jackson got the 1st down because Collins pulled a 'me' play, got completely out of his gap, and gave a huge lane for Jackson to pick up a 1st down.

Yeah, it's on Collins since we certainly couldn't hope for Bando and the other LB to make a play.

I think you could make the point on #3 or #5. I can't tell what number it is. But it appears Banderas was playing a gap and attacking the line and Collins went the same way. That doesn't look like it would have been drawn up that way.

I'm kinda dissing on our LBs in general, is what I'm going for here.

Gotcha. Carry on, then.

Although. I think they have played about as well as they could up to this game considering the lack of numbers and the multiple injuries.

I'm not a big fan of Bando who I see as an overrated underachiever.

Who knows why Collins was so mad? Maybe he agrees with most of us here and thinks Banker's D is a complete joke. I know it's the player's job to do what the coaches tell them to do, but Collins isn't dumb.

I also don't think it's a big deal if he is arguing with another teammate. That happens all the time in the heat of battle. Are people upset that he is arguing the the golden child, Gangwish?

I'd much rather have 22 players playing every weekend with the heart of Gangwish.

The mythical powers of Gangwish are strong!!!

At least he gives a sh#t

what empirical evidence do you have that collins isn't dumb?

and if you are on a team getting a free education, it does not matter what you think, only what the coaches think.

His bio says he is a 2014 Academic All Big Ten and is on the 2015 Spring Scholar-Athlete Honor Roll. So probably not dumb.

And I agree with your second line.

i assumed someone was going to point to a high gpa or something. just took the risk no one cared enough.

but nonetheless, whether someone buys in or not should never be an issue.

Collins is a REALLY good player. But if there are good players who aren't 100% in the game mindset or can't own up to a massive blunder like that, that is how a team plays below its talent level.

I think we can be fairly critical of even our best, and favorite Husker players when it's due (Collins is definitely one of my favorites). No need to get so worked up about it. He messed up. Wasn't the only one.

• Fire 2

Collins is a REALLY good player. But if there are good players who aren't 100% in the game mindset or can't own up to a massive blunder like that, that is how a team plays below its talent level.

I think we can be fairly critical of even our best, and favorite Husker players when it's due (Collins is definitely one of my favorites). No need to get so worked up about it. He messed up. Wasn't the only one.

him and valentine are studs, but they seem to be lacking in the effort department. which is extremely concerning.

So...Why would Collins be mad? This style of defense is making him look like an animal. If anyone would be questioning it, it'd be the DB's. Get a clue.

You can repeat that sentence and enter Gregory's name for Collins last year. Guy could flat out dominate, when he wanted to. That was his only problem.

Edit: Only problem on the football field.

So, since Collins doesn't dominate every single game, he isn't playing hard and not giving 100% effort every single play? I don't know if he is, and I don't know if he isn't. But, DT is one of the most thankless positions on defense, and Collins can't be expected to be the entire defense.

The guy was frustrated at the end of a frustrating game. Give him a break.

• Fire 2

What about that play makes you say it's a "me play?" It looks to me like he just got beat, with a holding-assist by #40 who appears to yank him toward the right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDVeQFoOspY?t=2h22m12s

Yeah, Collins shouldn't have retaliated and got the PF later on. But the game was practically over anyway. I'm sure Collins was frustrated. Like every other game this year, NU had many, many opportunities to win these games. None of them should have hinged on a single play.