OWH: Huskers Could Make Bowl at 5-7

Mavric

That's great, I applaud your fandom sd'sker. I also think it's cute how you are trying to rope me into getting a vacation because of some personal gripe you have with me.

If they get a bowl at 5-7, good for them. I still don't think that is earning it though and I bet some of the players feel the same way.

not trying to rope you into anything. just stating my position. hope this team makes a bowl game. sorry if that makes me a bad fan.

Never said you were a bad fan. We all want the team to go bowling every season. But if we fail to break even, that shouldn't be rewarded. Same goes for all 128 teams out there.

• Fire 2

That's great, I applaud your fandom sd'sker. I also think it's cute how you are trying to rope me into getting a vacation because of some personal gripe you have with me.

If they get a bowl at 5-7, good for them. I still don't think that is earning it though and I bet some of the players feel the same way.

not trying to rope you into anything. just stating my position. hope this team makes a bowl game. sorry if that makes me a bad fan.

Never said you were a bad fan. We all want the team to go bowling every season. But if we fail to break even, that shouldn't be rewarded. Same goes for all 128 teams out there.

i disagree. someone's going bowling and if they say we deserve it, i say let the team play and bond. it can only help.

If the team gets a bowl invite at 5-7, wins that bowl to finish 6-7. Does that make our season a success? Hardly. Does it give us one more chance to see our beloved team play? You bet. And even when the are playing like crap, I do my damndest to watch them play every week.

If they get a bowl invite at 5-7 I'll be watching and hoping for a win. I just don't think we need so many bowls, and don't think a .500 team should go bowling.

• Fire 2

If the team gets a bowl invite at 5-7, wins that bowl to finish 6-7. Does that make our season a success? Hardly. Does it give us one more chance to see our beloved team play? You bet. And even when the are playing like crap, I do my damndest to watch them play every week.

If they get a bowl invite at 5-7 I'll be watching and hoping for a win. I just don't think we need so many bowls, and don't think a .500 team should go bowling.

^^^^^^^^^ This. I would watch no matter what, but I don't know if I could handle another 2 point loss

Biggest thing about making a bowl game is the extra practices.

Because we definitely need them.

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect." --Vince Lombardi

15-20 more practices with this great staff. That sounds like a good idea.

yeah. it does sound good.

Like I said, I would watch, I would root for the Huskers, but as a whole, a bowl system that rewards teams that win 41.67% of their games in a season needs to be re-visited. Not just for the Huskers, but any team that makes a bowl at 6-6 or 5-7. Sounds like a participation trophy to me.

because bowls for 7-5 teams or even 9-3 teams are so elite?

Like I said, I would watch, I would root for the Huskers, but as a whole, a bowl system that rewards teams that win 41.67% of their games in a season needs to be re-visited. Not just for the Huskers, but any team that makes a bowl at 6-6 or 5-7. Sounds like a participation trophy to me.

Hardly. I would make it so you had to win 8 games minimum to go bowling. I would also cut the field back to roughly 25 bowls.

Biggest thing about making a bowl game is the extra practices.

Because we definitely need them.

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect." --Vince Lombardi

15-20 more practices with this great staff. That sounds like a good idea.

They do need to work on giving a press conference after a loss, 15-20 extra practices should help with that.

That was kind of my point, we're handing out bowls to everybody. 80 out of, what 126 or 127, so roughly 63% of the teams go to a post-season game. Go look up the 1982 season, back then there were less than 20 bowls, 17 maybe, so you at least had to be in the top third of teams to make a bowl, not the top 2/3.

That was kind of my point, we're handing out bowls to everybody. 80 out of, what 126 or 127, so roughly 63% of the teams go to a post-season game. Go look up the 1982 season, back then there were less than 20 bowls, 17 maybe, so you at least had to be in the top third of teams to make a bowl, not the top 2/3.

every kid on the team gets a participation trophy........winners everywhere! :clap