D Line Recruits

Reports are we had decided not to recruit any DTs for this class but may be doing some last-minute looking now that Collins and Valentine are gone.

I don't get this logic at all. Regardless if those 2 decided to leave or not, you recruit DT's for the future not for the next year. After this year there are only 4, would be awfully nice to have a RFr. Be ready to add depth in 2017 as the 5th DT.

I'm sure the staff sees a bigger depth issue then DT and might be happy to save a couple scholarships for the 17 cycle. Us fans don't see any upperclassmen with experience after this year - so we as fans seem concerned. The staff knows what they have in the young guys and it must be GOOD!!!

We have 22 seniors plus any other attrition.

There's no need to save any spots.

I Thought our 17 class was looking to be in the range of 17 recruits. With 2 guys leaving early (vv and collins) this year that would make next years class 15 (assuming we fill up this cycle). 15 is very low so by "saving" 2 or 3 from this class - we would help balance out the 4 year cycle to become closer to the standard 20ish. I wouldn't think that we would save them if we have solid recruits from top to bottom, however many have stated that the 17 cycle will be the one were Riley and company have had enough time to build strong relationships and a record of 9-4 10-3 next season would make it easier to get 2 or 3 extra SOLID recruits next year over this year.

The only way they "save spots" is if they miss out on the guy they wanted and instead of using it ons reach, they save it for a worthy walk on.

agree with this ^ Building the spirits of the walk on's and playing your hand when you might be dealt better cards in 17!!!

wishin and hopin , not the best way to run a ship

The only way they "save spots" is if they miss out on the guy they wanted and instead of using it ons reach, they save it for a worthy walk on.

agree with this ^ Building the spirits of the walk on's and playing your hand when you might be dealt better cards in 17!!!

wishin and hopin , not the best way to run a ship

I guess a better word would have been "should" instead of "might" --- Either way I would prefer to "wish and hope" instead of "piss and moan"

• Fire 1