Erstad Interviewing for Dodgers Manager

Know a person thats pretty close to Erstad. He's not entirely sure Erstand even wants the Dodgers job but is going to interview. If nothing else he can walk into the homes of recruits and tell the LA Dodgers wanted him to be their manager.

I think it would be a great recruiting tool. "Come play for someone who is considered for a pro manager job." I put in for season tickets this year. I'm excited.

That's crazy. I don't see how he could turn this down if offered. I'm not a baseball guy but remember the homecoming welcome Erstad had when he was hired. I of course had my skepticism as all I knew was that he was a former Nebraska player. But it's not every college baseball coach that gets courted for the Dodgers' gig.

Talk about big time. Way to go, Darin!

OK....I guess I have a question.

I follow Husker baseball a little but not enough to really know what is going on.

Has Erstad had the type of success here to warrant this type of a jump in jobs? The Dodgers manager job is one of the prime jobs in all of MLB. I live him as our coach and think he has the potential to do great things here if he keeps building the program. But, has he gotten there yet?

This job interview really surprised me.

If he gets offered, he HAS to jump on this. This is the chance to be at the absolute top of his profession.

I follow Husker baseball a little but not enough to really know what is going on.

Has Erstad had the type of success here to warrant this type of a jump in jobs? The Dodgers manager job is one of the prime jobs in all of MLB. I live him as our coach and think he has the potential to do great things here if he keeps building the program. But, has he gotten there yet?

If he gets offered, he HAS to jump on this. This is the chance to be at the absolute top of his profession.

The Dodgers don't care about his "success" at Nebraska. All they care about is that he was a former pro ball player, is highly respected, and could probably bring a tough-nosed attitude to a team that has a payroll over $200M.

The Dodgers don't care about his "success" at Nebraska. All they care about is that he was a former pro ball player, is highly respected, and could probably bring a tough-nosed attitude to a team that has a payroll over $200M.
If they were worried about his success at Nebraska I don't think he would be a candidate. If Erstad doesn't leave this could the year. He is taking control of the offense. Want to see what can be produced.