Mike Riley is done.

I just want some feedback on this. Someone I know, who has ties to teams of the late 90's & 00's, said a lot of ex players are pulling for Solich to come back. Anyone think this has more than a snowball's chance in.......? I seriously doubt it, but I'm not in the know as much as some on here.

No. Frank is way too old, and his recruiting was... not good.

That's what I told him, but he insisted that I was crazy for thinking that. I just wanted to see how many would be in agreement.

I just want some feedback on this. Someone I know, who has ties to teams of the late 90's & 00's, said a lot of ex players are pulling for Solich to come back. Anyone think this has more than a snowball's chance in.......? I seriously doubt it, but I'm not in the know as much as some on here.

That's what I told him, but he insisted that I was crazy for thinking that. I just wanted to see how many would be in agreement.

I agree, he 70/71 years old. However, if the football gods confirm that they will lift the curse brought on upon his firing, I'm all for it!

Whats the obsession with richt? Hes never won anything and hes got all the talent in the world down there. I dont get it.

He's a multi-time conference champion, and has won BCS bowls. He hold victories over Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, and Les Miles, among others. Yet he's "never won anything"????

Not to mention he was born and raised in Nebraska, has family in Nebraska, knows what Nebraska football is all about. He's also an excellent recruiter with ties to the southeast. Seriously, what more do you people want? You throw out these young guys' names, but can they recruit to Lincoln? Nobody knows. Richt is a proven commodity at least.

I agree, he 70/71 years old. However, if the football gods confirm that they will lift the curse brought on upon his firing, I'm all for it!

He hasn't exactly torn up the MAC while he's been at Ohio. Definitely no.

Personally, I like when new posters start threads and stick their necks out with bold rumors. I like the title, "Mike Riley is Done" ... like it's a fact ... then the rumor is stated with a "solid" reference to a prior situation.

I'm not bashing the post ... trust me ... but it will give me a chance to see if FTW is legit.

I'll be watching with interest for sure FTW. Thanks for the post.

• Fire 2

Personally, I like when new posters start threads and stick their necks out with bold rumors. I like the title, "Mike Riley is Done" ... like it's a fact ... then the rumor is stated with a "solid" reference to a prior situation.

I'm not bashing the post ... trust me ... but it will give me a chance to see if FTW is legit.

That would be why he posted it in RUMORVILLE, and he is professing it to be nothing more than that, a rumor.

It's clear you're not bashing the post, you're employing a 'worthiness/belonging clause' (basically a form of 'poisoning the well' ad hominem) to bash the poster, as you have done in nearly every post you have made on this board in the past couple of weeks, trying to somehow trumpet your apparent worthiness or belonging to some Huskerboard social stratosphere via your post count, and how this makes you some authority figure on a message board, while demeaning/writing off those with less.

There are obviously posters who make great contributions to this board who have a high post count, and they usually are the ones most likely to make the most meaningful contributions to this board.

However, there are also posters with high post counts who do little to make meaningful contributions to this board and offer next to nothing in quality thoughts and discussion, just as there are posters who do not have many posts who offer very quality thoughts and discussion, and meaningful contributions, while less numerous.

• Fire 1

That would be why he posted it in RUMORVILLE, and he is professing it to be nothing more than that, a rumor.

It's clear you're not bashing the post, you're employing a 'worthiness/belonging clause' (basically a form of 'poisoning the well' ad hominem) to bash the poster, as you have done in nearly every post you have made on this board in the past couple of weeks, trying to somehow trumpet your apparent worthiness or belonging to some Huskerboard social stratosphere via your post count, and how this makes you some authority figure on a message board, while demeaning/writing off those with less.

There are obviously posters who make great contributions to this board who have a high post count, and they usually are the ones most likely to make the most meaningful contributions to this board.

However, there are also posters with high post counts who do little to make meaningful contributions to this board and offer next to nothing in quality thoughts and discussion, just as there are posters who do not have many posts who offer very quality thoughts and discussion, and meaningful contributions, while less numerous.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around what you just said and how it is relevant to anything Baker just said.

• Fire 1

Those of us that have been around for two firings and three hirings have seen our fair share of threads like these. It remains to be seen if the person will be a good poster in the future, but previous experience doesn't bode well.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around what you just said and how it is relevant to anything Baker just said.

"Personally, I like when new posters start threads and stick their necks out with bold rumors. I like the title, "Mike Riley is Done" ... like it's a fact ... then the rumor is stated with a "solid" reference to a prior situation."

Those of us that have been around for two firings and three hirings have seen our fair share of threads like these. It remains to be seen if the person will be a good poster in the future, but previous experience doesn't bode well.

I understand that, but I also see that this is posted in Rumorville with the caveat "take it for what its worth, a rumor."

Beyond that, some may disagree, but I think FTW has made some good contributions in his/her posts thus far.

That doesn't mean I believe this rumor, but I'm not placing a lot of stock in it or the poster for this being posted in Rumorville one way or the other, either.

"Personally, I like when new posters start threads and stick their necks out with bold rumors. I like the title, "Mike Riley is Done" ... like it's a fact ... then the rumor is stated with a "solid" reference to a prior situation."

Ya I know what he said. I'm just not sure why you are so mad about it. I'm not seeing anything in there that warrants such an emotional response that you gave...

:dunno

Edit: I guess I haven't really paid attn. to what he's been saying in previous posts the last couple weeks that you must have paid attn. to.

In any case, in what I've noticed with post count is that generally if someone has been around here for a while and have a high post count they are generally pretty level headed unless you say something to piss them off or intentionally call them out.

To me 1800 posts isn't all that much considering he joined in 2005. Hell. I don't consider myself to have a high post count at 3200 since 08.

My point is, again in what I've noticed, is that if you are around a ton, your voice seems to get a little bit more attention...not clout, just attention. Everyone knows the tones of True, Zoogs, Saunders, Knapp, LOMS, etc....

Not everyone is accustomed to Blackshirt_Revival yet (Not that it matters in the first place)....maybe I'm off base but that's just an observation I have made the last couple years.