Call me stubborn......but

hucksker

I refuse to let this year take away my pride in calling myself a Husker Fan.

This feels similar to the Calahan years and during the last few games in that process, I made a decision to support the program, not the coach.

Sat through every losing game to the last second and in my heart thanked the players for their effort.

After yesterday, when I was thinking about selling (or giving) my tic's away, I hear how Gangwish went into the stands and thanked the fans I made a decision again not to give up on the players.

I will be in my East Balcony seats cheering the players on.

As fans during these last 2 home games, we can't control what the coaches are doing, but we can control what we do.

For the sake of the recruiting effort, lets show up to the Mich State game and make it loud and proud. It can only hurt recruiting if we choose to give up. It could be the only positive thing we have left is the pride of being a Husker Fan. Don't give up your Husker Pride because your are upset with Harvey and Shawn for screwing this up. Don't give up your Husker Pride because Ryley, Banker and Langsdorf are screwing this year up.

Make the choice to support the team and in the end we will be better off.

HUCK

• Fire 5

You're not stubborn. None of us have given up being a fan, or supporting the players. A majority of us have given up on this coaching staff and wouldn't shed a tear if they were canned in the next minute.

Im a diehard fan. Will continue to cheer as I did under TO, Solich, Cally, Bo and Riley. I didn't like the hire of Riley then and even less now. That doesn't make me any less of a fan or diminish my support of the team.

This feels similar to the Calahan years and during the last few games in that process, I made a decision to support the program, not the coach.

Sat through every losing game to the last second and in my heart thanked the players for their effort.

After yesterday, when I was thinking about selling (or giving) my tic's away, I hear how Gangwish went into the stands and thanked the fans I made a decision again not to give up on the players.

As fans during these last 2 home games, we can't control what the coaches are doing, but we can control what we do.

For the sake of the recruiting effort, lets show up to the Mich State game and make it loud and proud. It can only hurt recruiting if we choose to give up. It could be the only positive thing we have left is the pride of being a Husker Fan. Don't give up your Husker Pride because your are upset with Harvey and Shawn for screwing this up. Don't give up your Husker Pride because Ryley, Banker and Langsdorf are screwing this year up.

HUCK

This year isn't much different to me than the last few years with Pelini. I supported the program while hoping Bozo would take a job somewhere else. (Of course, no other program was dumb enough to hire him away).

It doesn't feel like Callahan to me. In the time since we all have portable supercomputers in our pockets and a leap in everyday, second by second communication. Despite that increase in the level of background noise, of the ability to share opinion and argue, the fan base is no where near as divisive right now.

The situation is just vastly different. Callahan represented a promise, which in a way he kind of delivered. There were primarily two arguments against Solich that Callahan was seen as being able to remedy. Some felt, and still do, that the recruiting had fallen off. But more importantly to how the fan base split was the offense, and in particular the heavy dependence on QB run plays. This was seen as a limiting factor, and quite correctly in many regards. Not only was this reflective of Solich, but many remembered the times Osborne faced better opponents that could shut down the constant churn of dependable rushing yards. The divide became more than about a man, it became about philosophy. Most importantly, both sides were in many ways correct, and that keeps arguments flowing.

Callahan had real support, not generic support like Riley. Very few Riley supporters have arguments that aren't generic to any coaching change. Callahan may not have ultimately delivered on that promise, but there was enough evidence to provide ammunition.

There is also a big difference in the football world between Solich being fired and Pelini being fired. The revenues have skyrocketed, so too has the cost of replacing coaches. It was almost unheard of to fire a man with Solich's record, even if one could make a credible argument for change. But with expenses increased, universal patience plummets. Even smaller schools have higher expectations than they did before. Schools ask for more from fans, and understandably, fans feel they've invested more, financially speaking. There's almost a business relationship at times now. This has made it far more understandable, for all parties involved, to fire a head coach. They get no where near the cushion, almost across the board, as they did even 10-15 years ago.

• Fire 1

Just like I have always loved the Lions, I will always love the Huskers. And we will get better. I predict a BIG championship within 7 years, and a MNC within 20.

Although I do not think that MR can get this team to the top 40 in the rankings consistently. I feel bad for him. When he was hired he talked of of last chance to get a championship. He clearly understood that he was head of a great football program with tons of tradition. To lose 5 games in heartbreaking fashion and to have the worst record after 9 games in over 50 years must be devastating to him.

I will always root for Nebraska, I will always support the program. I will root for the players, not these coaches. I applaud guys like Westerkamp, Gangwish and all who continue to do their best not only trying to do their best on the field, but taking it upon themselves to try to keep this fan base together. That is a HUGE task for guys who already have enough on their plate.

The fan base might be divided now, between those who want Riley gone now and those who want to give Riley time. Either way, Husker football means a lot to all of us, and we are all in this together. We all want the same results, just maybe in different ways.

HUCK

As a Husker fan, there's always pride after a loss.

Home of the greatest team to ever play.

Fans that bleed scarlet.

We know who we are.

We know where we've been.

Don't be embarrassed to wear that "N".

A Husker's worst day is better than most.

Ridiculous. Justify your fandom, if that makes you feel better. I don't know anyone who doesn't want the best for the team. Right now, heck, for the last 14 years we haven't been relevant on the national scene. The only thing that I am trying to figure out is if this season is just a part of what it takes to get things back in order. Were we heading towards this rock bottom venture for the last few seasons, and just didn't see it coming? Sure we can say Bo wouldn't have lost to Illinois or Purdue. The other games, I won't go that far yet, because Bo's history says that NW might have won, and Wisky had his number. I would say 5-4 might be our record, but still looking at 7-5 in the barrel yet. Doesn't matter though. Bo is gone.

I truly think that this was coming with Bo, either this year or next. Talent in recruiting was going down and so was expectations. This was coming.

Riley, has no business being here. Good guy, good west coast coach, just not meant for Big 10 football. I agree, its time now to move forward. Maybe if Cal keeps losing, that job would open up and Riley would just go. I hate to see us fire another coach right now, but its needed I think. I just don't want this to be personal against Riley because he didn't come here to torch the program. He had or has a plan, but its not working. He knows that, but its too late this season to change. To many hours arleady spent on this offense.

I think we have him one more year. I think once PErls is gone, we have a new AD, and then possibly a new coach the season after that.

Nevertheless, everyone is a fan. Some more over the top, some more relaxed, some are just plain unappeasable, but all still Big Red Fans.

• Fire 1