The problem is that you're forgetting that Tom Herman is the hottest name going around right now. You really think he's going to be available by the time we get around to firing Riley? I don't.

No, that's the unfortunate part. The only way we could snag him is if the job were open say this Sunday and we made a lucrative offer to him otherwise we'd get into a bidding war with USC and other schools. There are other coaches out there. Pat Narduzzi is a second choice of mine.

Narduzzi was high on my list last season as a replacement for Bo. He would definitely return our defense to the promised land. Would still love to have the guy here.........

He's an underrated coach. You could say MSU's defense this year is not as scary as it once was under Narduzzi. Nebraska could be such a school that could go after him he's not high on the radar for any other programs. Looks like USC is going to pass on him... if Pitt beats Notre Dame, then he'll start to grab people's attention.

The problem is that you're forgetting that Tom Herman is the hottest name going around right now. You really think he's going to be available by the time we get around to firing Riley? I don't.

No, that's the unfortunate part. The only way we could snag him is if the job were open say this Sunday and we made a lucrative offer to him otherwise we'd get into a bidding war with USC and other schools. There are other coaches out there. Pat Narduzzi is a second choice of mine.

Narduzzi was high on my list last season as a replacement for Bo. He would definitely return our defense to the promised land. Would still love to have the guy here.........

He's an underrated coach. You could say MSU's defense this year is not as scary as it once was under Narduzzi. Nebraska could be such a school that could go after him he's not high on the radar for any other programs. Looks like USC is going to pass on him... if Pitt beats Notre Dame, then he'll start to grab people's attention.

Not only could you say their defense isn't as scary as it was under Narduzzi, it's become rather pedestrian. In 2012 they were 4th in yards allowed per game, 2013 1st, 2014 7th, now that he's gone they are 40th. I remember that coaches panel they had during the national championship last year with Narduzzi, Riley and others and Narduzzi by far seemed like the smartest coach on that panel. Would love for him to be the coach here.

Mark Richt from 2008-2014

64-32 (34-21 Conference)

2 divisional championships

0-2 in conference championship games

4-3 in bowl games

14-21 against ranked teams (at the time of playing)

Bo Pelini from 2008-2014

67-27 (39-17 Conference)

3 divisional championships

0-3 in conference championship games

3-3 in bowl games

9-16 against ranked teams (at the time of playing)

Spot on. Not to mention, Richt is 55. I don't expect him to coach very long. UGA won't fire him. Their fans are NOT like ours. They're comfortable with where they're at. Richt has said numerous times he has no intention of leaving. He'll continue to get rid of a couple assistants here and there to appease the higher ups.

On a side note, I've said it once and I'll say it again, if we fire MR we will not be able to land a splash hire. We're going to have to look at proven coaches on the rise. Tom Herman should be the one guy at the top of the list. He is basically Jim Mcelwain 2 and look at what Mcelwain did at Colorado State and now Florida. Herman is known as a solid recruiter as well.

Nebraska has to get a rising star. Not a washout, not scraps after somebody has been fired unless its a top tier coach in the pro's i.e. Chip Kelly but there's no way that happens.

I work with quite a few Georgia grads and I can tell you, they are not happy with his performance over the last couple of years. I feel like the general consensus was that they wanted a conference championship appearance or else the seat would be getting warm. Doesn't look like that'll play out this year, so I'm not quite sure where that'll leave the program come December/after the bowl game.

You mean this https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/changes-are-likely-coming-at-georgia from two days ago, or is there something more recent? How about posting a link or giving a clue rather than just talking about "things"?

Something I didn't know, Richt doesn't have a buyout if he wants to go elsewhere, but he also doesn't have a big separation package if he is canned. I like that method. Pay a guy what you think he's worth, but don't be on the hook to double it if you want to get rid of him. That may have made sense when coaches were getting paid $100K, but with multimillions in salary, why do they need a lot more if they fail?

How about posting a link or giving a clue rather than just talking about "things"?

It was all over my twitter feed this morning.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2015/11/05/georgia-football-coach-mark-richt/75214044/

USA TODAY Sports spoke with multiple people who have insight into the situation at Georgia. They spoke on the condition of anonymity and encompass all levels of the college athletics industry from well-connected supporters of the program to agents to search firms.

Those conversations produced the following conclusions:

► Georgia athletics director Greg McGarity favored a coaching change after last season but was overruled by president Jere Morehead. Richt was then given a contract extension.

► Regardless of the ultimate decision on Richt this time, defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt almost certainly will not be back, as his relationship with Richt and Georgia administrators has grown toxic.

► Georgia does not have one or two mega-boosters with the influence to make the call on Richt, but the displeasure of the Bulldogs' high-dollar financial supporters has made its way to Morehead's office.

► If Richt stays, it will be with a coaching staff that looks very different as first-year offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer has also been viewed as a problem.

It's an untenable situation for any major program, particularly one like Georgia that should be competing for SEC titles annually but has squandered opportunity in the weakened Eastern division over the last few years.

The personality conflict between Pruitt and Richt stands at the center of Georgia's failed season. Pruitt, who came up from the Nick Saban tree and was Jimbo Fisher's defensive coordinator in 2013 at Florida State, was given wide latitude to improve the program from its recruiting operation to autonomy over several coaching hires.

But as Georgia has continued to lose, the intense and brash Pruitt has butted heads with the laid-back Richt, who has never been a fan of the idea that Alabama influence has become pervasive in his program. A lot of the blame internally has also been directed toward offensive line coach Rob Sale, who was hand-picked by Pruitt but has coached a unit that underperformed despite high expectations.