Contract Extensions are coming

I can understand if they want to retain him. I get that it's a huge risk firing a one year coach and that it may not be the right thing to do. But if we hand out extensions, I'm worried the fans will smell blood in the water. Banker, Stewart and Read should not even be renewed.

+1

Isn't it customary that coaches get extended one year after one is completed so that it "helps with recruiting" that the coach will be there all 4 years of a kids playing career or something like that?

Yes, if they're showing progress. But there are coaches that haven't received extensions for similar s**t shows situations like this.

Isn't it customary that coaches get extended one year after one is completed so that it "helps with recruiting" that the coach will be there all 4 years of a kids playing career or something like that?

Yes. Basically all coaches have at least a 5 year contract. Some even have it written into their contract that it automatically gets extended.

Now if they were able to extend him while lowering his buyout, then we might be on to something...

• Fire 1

This is your reason to drop the axe before it happens.

Picture MR taking the field on 1st &10 at the 50, 50yds to go. He runs a play for 10yds, then after the play spikes the ball for a 15yd penalty. It's still 1st &10 but now we're at the 45, 55 yds to go. Then he does it again. We're 60 yds out. Then again... now we're 65 yds away. He chuckles and says "Well it's still 1st down, we've converted 3 first downs and we've got 30yds of offense.", and Eichorst steps up and yells "All Aboard the Energy Bus!"

If we allow these to go thru we move the goal post back with every raise and extension. If you trip and fall in the mud you may be embarrassed. The idea that if you immediately stand up everyone will know you tripped will embarrass you further so it's best to just sit there till the mud dries up, baffles me.