I am tired of hearing rumors about Frank Solich and coed affairs. Where did this rumor come from anyway? If he really did have affairs with UNL students why was his contract paid out after he was fired?

How many such rumors have you heard? I heard it once today, that sounded like someone who mixed him up with Bohl. I've never heard it before.

If it was true, and I doubt it was,I'm not sure this would void his contract, so that's not a good counter.

I heard it at the time in 2003/4 and after each coaching change since. I then heard it again today. However no one can ever tell me their source. I think it's bunk but thought I would put it out there to see what everyone else has heard over the years.

I heard it the day he was fired by source(s) inside the Athletic department. The department was not going to spill that kind of scandal out in to the public and let that trash the image of the University. No doubt if too many of the details of such off the field failings of the Head Coach were to be put out there by the department in order to void the payment on his contract, then the department may well have been facing financial issues involving allegations by the persons involved. I believe the sources to be very reliable and knowledgeable.

Frank also had serious drinking issues which were flaring up and posing problems. He knew why he was fired as did other insiders. The biggest issues were the drinking and inappropriate other personal things and of course recruiting disasters. Our talent level plummeted. I personally know walk on recruits on his last team that were not even good walk on candidates at Hastings College (they tried after Callahan let them go and were not good enough). I know of one case personally.

I am tired of hearing rumors about Frank Solich and coed affairs. Where did this rumor come from anyway? If he really did have affairs with UNL students why was his contract paid out after he was fired?

Those rumors were generated straight from the AD office. Pederson was trying to cover his ass when the coaching search started getting into double digit strikeouts with prospective hires.

I heard it at the time in 2003/4 and after each coaching change since. I then heard it again today. However no one can ever tell me their source. I think it's bunk but thought I would put it out there to see what everyone else has heard over the years.

I heard it the day he was fired by source(s) inside the Athletic department. The department was not going to spill that kind of scandal out in to the public and let that trash the image of the University. No doubt if too many of the details of such off the field failings of the Head Coach were to be put out there by the department in order to void the payment on his contract, then the department may well have been facing financial issues involving allegations by the persons involved. I believe the sources to be very reliable and knowledgeable.

Frank also had serious drinking issues which were flaring up and posing problems. He knew why he was fired as did other insiders. The biggest issues were the drinking and inappropriate other personal things and of course recruiting disasters. Our talent level plummeted. I personally know walk on recruits on his last team that were not even good walk on candidates at Hastings College (they tried after Callahan let them go and were not good enough). I know of one case personally.

You're ful of crap. Frank had two top ten Rivals classes and his '04 class was ranked #14 when he got fired. The only reason he was fired was a personal vendetta by Pedey going back to his days as a recruiting coordinator/coffee maker. All of the drinking and sex rumors were made up entirely by Pedey and spread by his minions to lay cover for his botched firing.

How many such rumors have you heard? I heard it once today, that sounded like someone who mixed him up with Bohl. I've never heard it before.

If it was true, and I doubt it was,I'm not sure this would void his contract, so that's not a good counter.

Bohl did have some issues. And yes, some people in the AD intentionally conflated those issues to be Frank's.

So Osborne named a drunken philanderer as his replacement and also hired a drunk as a linebackers coach who Solich in turn hired as his defensive coordinator when McBride left. Is that what I am to believe? How is it that Tom was unaware of these personal failings for so many years or didn't think it mattered? Don't these coaches work 80+ hours a week much of the time around each other?