I worked at a high end golf club in swfl, there I had a chance to get to know many of the members of the club over my 7 years of employment. We had good banter with each other about our sports teams.

Last December I was talking to a member at the club. He is an important alumni of Wisconsin. In a brief conversation about our new head coach he said that MR will only be there for 18 months. He wasn't busting me he just said it matter of fact. It took me back a little. I thought that it was a strange answer, not to mention the fact that 18 months made no sense. It wasn't like he said he won't last 2 years or a year.......18 months.

A couple of weeks after that I had a conversation with another member and former Iowa QB who is also a good friend of BP and he said the same thing. MR will only be the coach for 18 months. Again very matter of fact....18 months.

I left the club for an oppertunity at another club in January. So I have never had a chance to follow up on the conversations.

I kind of forgot about 18 months and started to think about this more and more as this of misery of a season has unfolded. Then I read recently that HP had six months until he is done, it made me me think maybe they knew something after all.

18 months would be when HP is gone.

• Fire 1

I don't know much else just found their answers strange and still do. Your right it mid year makes no sense. It is when HP leaves though.

I know Bret Bielema was an embarrassment publicly to Wisconsin.

I know Wisconsin boosters were talking about getting rid of that Utah st. coach early last fall. Guess you can get rid of a first year coach.

I know that BP blamed his players lack of talent as the reason for the blowout loss in the big ten championship.

I don't know much else just found their answers strange and still do. Your right it mid year makes no sense. It is when HP leaves though.

I know Wisconsin boosters were talking about getting rid of that Utah st. coach early last fall. Guess you can get rid of a first year coach.

I know that BP blamed his players lack of talent as the reason for the blowout loss in the big ten championship.

Pretty sure those Wisconsin coaches left on their own. I love Alvarez but it sounds like he's not a joy to work with. I don't think Wisconsin pays very well either.

Andersen spent 2 years there, and walked on his own.

Why would he do that? His excuse made no sense. I sure he was forced out.

Pretty sure those Wisconsin coaches left on their own. I love Alvarez but it sounds like he's not a joy to work with. I don't think Wisconsin pays very well either.

Bielema was known to pass out at booster and recruit parties on the bar no less. He will not be missed.

I'm sure Alverez could make a coach quit or leave...cheaper way to handle things.

Andersen spent 2 years there, and walked on his own.

Why would he do that? His excuse made no sense. I sure he was forced out.

He said it was because of Wisconsin's admissions standards. Oregon St had to buyout his contract for $3M. If he was forced out he should've been able to negotiate that away.

Why he left:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/24982746/wisconsins-admission-standards-pushed-gary-andersen-to-oregon-state

His Oregon State contract with the buyout from Wisky: http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/2395428-155/oregon-states-gary-andersen-signed-his

Makes a hell of a lot more sense than 18 months.