Just fire him after the iowa game, let us go coachless for 4 months, who cares.

Who is going to fire HP now...he won't get let go at this point. HP won't fire SE and SE won't fire MR. So nothing can happen until then I'm afraid.

Maybe spring is better saves the recruiting class and gives new coach the summer and fall to build the next class.

I want to have hope as much as the next person that we have a new coaching staff next year, but if Riley survives through February there is no way he is fired until after next season. It would make absolutely no sense to fire a coach and bring in a new coach AFTER spring practice.

Who is going to fire HP now...he won't get let go at this point. HP won't fire SE and SE won't fire MR. So nothing can happen until then I'm afraid.

Maybe spring is better saves the recruiting class and gives new coach the summer and fall to build the next class.

I want to have hope as much as the next person that we have a new coaching staff next year, but if Riley survives through February there is no way he is fired until after next season. It would make absolutely no sense to fire a coach and bring in a new coach AFTER spring practice.

I agree it sounds odd but if it's going to be a sucky season anyway what does it matter when we do it. Illinois did it this year at the beginning of the season and they got better.

If it happens in the spring early summer then everything has to be lined up in advance. The new Chancellor new AD new Coach in one fell swoop. It will more likely happen in sequence new chancellor, a few months later a new AD, and finish at the end of next season with a new coach.

I agree it sounds odd but if it's going to be a sucky season anyway what does it matter when we do it. Illinois did it this year at the beginning of the season and they got better.

If it happens in the spring early summer then everything has to be lined up in advance. The new Chancellor new AD new Coach in one fell swoop. It will more likely happen in sequence new chancellor, a few months later a new AD, and finish at the end of next season with a new coach.

But Illinois kept the rest of the staff. So there was still a lot of familiarity. If Riley goes im pretty sure we will not keep most of the rest of the staff. The new coach will want his own guys.

I've heard plans are being put together as well. There's not going to be an offseason fire in May though. Look, the university reportedly received $200 million in donations last month from alumni, boosters, etc. When donors complain, regents get upset, when regents get upset, AD's release back pedaling weak statements.

Money isn't the problem at this program. Eichorst said he wanted to do it the right way with money and hiring a coach well, his way failed completely and no one is buying the excuses. He had a chance to hire someone better to run this program instead he made a political move and hired the anti-Pelini meanwhile he talks a good game about staying positive, handing out books but is so introvert and personal that it creeps people out.

The guy needs to go back to the state of Wisconsin ASAP.

• Fire 1

I've heard plans are being put together as well. There's not going to be an offseason fire in May though. Look, the university reportedly received $200 million in donations last month from alumni, boosters, etc. When donors complain, regents get upset, when regents get upset, AD's release back pedaling weak statements.

Money isn't the problem at this program. Eichorst said he wanted to do it the right way with money and hiring a coach well, his way failed completely and no one is buying the excuses. He had a chance to hire someone better to run this program instead he made a political move and hired the anti-Pelini meanwhile he talks a good game about staying positive, handing out books but is so introvert and personal that it creeps people out.

The guy needs to go back to the state of Wisconsin ASAP.

I'm a bit worried, I hope when you say there is not going to be an offseason fire in May means this staff is gone after the MSU game or end of season.

Boosters are not happy, that much I know for sure. I actually wouldn't be surprised by the 18 months thing. Heard from someone this week that knows some fairly important people at the university, the plan is to bring in a new Chancellor, with item number 1 on the agenda being firing S.E. and hiring a new coach FWIW.

I believe current President Hank Bounds has the ability to terminate ADSE and bring in someone else. He's already revealed outlines as far as what he's looking for in a new chancellor. Hank's a football guy so it's not like he's unaware of the current sate of Husker football either.

I am all for pep hamilton he has a proven track recordat stanford and power ball control might give us a chance to cover for a suspect secondary...lord knows stanford has higher academic qualifying standards maybe it will help in recruiting the players we need and give us an identity or something to hang our hat on. We have no identity right now

I am all for pep hamilton he has a proven track recordat stanford and power ball control might give us a chance to cover for a suspect secondary...lord knows stanford has higher academic qualifying standards maybe it will help in recruiting the players we need and give us an identity or something to hang our hat on. We have no identity right now