Who said it?

soup

With a play made here or another made there, head coach _______ realizes the _________ — losers of three straight — could be sitting pretty.

All along, ____ has spoken of the process of changing the program’s culture from the previous regime of former head coach _______. Seven games in and a few difficult losses later, it’s evident that process is still ongoing. “Some things have to change and guys have to embrace the change,” ______ said. “Things are gonna be different when you have a new coaching staff and new type of culture coming in. You have to embrace it, listen to the message and put it to work.”

________ spoke about the changing-culture process for approximately 15 of the 20 minutes that he answered questions. While the topic ranged pretty wide, here’s a good indication of ________’s main message about a football program that — from the outside looking in — appears to be underperforming.

“It’s a work in progress,” he said. “It’s my job and the staff’s job to improve the level of consistency, improve the culture, the toughness, the physicality, the effort — all the things and details of what’s going to allow us to be good, not just over the next four weeks, but over a long period of time.” Basically, he believes all those characteristics lacked under _______. And currently, the majority of the roster still consists of ________-recruited players.

In turn, __________ and his staff have had their work cut out for them — although he’s positive they're heading in the right direction despite the three-game skid. “We’re not near where we want to be yet,” _______ said. “When you lose a couple football games, people say, ‘OK, you’ve taken a step back.’ No. We’ve been inconsistent.

“The culture and standards we’re trying to live by, we have not lived up to that yet. I think there has been progress in some areas and not enough progress in other areas. We’re still trying to find some right combinations in some areas and people that are going to give us the best chance to win football games.”

“We have to fix us,” he said.

Even the "great one" is having challenges with the culture he inherited.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/oct/28/ysu-football-pelini-players-need-to-embr/?mobile

• Fire 2

Looks like Pelini is going to finish with the same number of losses as his predecessor. At leaset his not going backwards.

Maybe. Last year Youngstown State was 7-2 as of the first week of November. This year they are 4-4. But then they finished last year with three losses to go 7-5. Pelini has three games left. One of them is North Dakota State. That'll probly be his 5th loss. But the other two teams are beatable. So he might do it.

Frankly, I hope he does well at YSU. I don't harbor any ill will towards Bo.

• Fire 1

And there's the difference, he is willing to pubicly throw the old staff under the bus to further his agenda. Where MR has never said a negative thing about the previous staff, even though the same conversation could be had.

The would be a cool story, except Pelini didn't say anything about the former staff. That was an opinion thrown out by the sportswriter.

• Fire 2

And there's the difference, he is willing to pubicly throw the old staff under the bus to further his agenda. Where MR has never said a negative thing about the previous staff, even though the same conversation could be had.

Where, in his actual quotes, did he throw the previous staff under the bus?

• Fire 2

He didn't. That's just what Amac wants to believe.

The would be a cool story, except Pelini didn't say anything about the former staff. That was an opinion thrown out by the sportswriter.

Hmmm

"All along, Pelini has spoken of the process of changing the programs culture from the previous five-year regime of former head coach Eric Wolford. "

Its a work in progress, he said. Its my job and the staffs job to improve the level of consistency, improve the culture, the toughness, the physicality, the effort all the things and details of whats going to allow us to be good, not just over the next four weeks, but over a long period of time.

So he is saying the old staff had a no culture of physicality, toughness, or effort...no not throwing them under the bus at all

Seriously don't let your blind hatred of MR and love affair with Bo blind you to the point of stupidity

• Fire 3

Hmmm

"All along, Pelini has spoken of the process of changing the programs culture from the previous five-year regime of former head coach Eric Wolford. "

Its a work in progress, he said. Its my job and the staffs job to improve the level of consistency, improve the culture, the toughness, the physicality, the effort all the things and details of whats going to allow us to be good, not just over the next four weeks, but over a long period of time.

So he is saying the old staff had a no culture of physicality, toughness, or effort...no not throwing them under the bus at all

The part you have in quotes was not spoken by Pelini. And your last sentence is completely wrong. All he said was that it was his job to improve those things. He didn't say they didn't exist. All good coaches are constantly trying to improve everything.

• Fire 2

Seriously don't let your blind hatred of MR and love affair with Bo blind you to the point of stupidity

HAHAHA! I don't hate Riley. I love the guy! How can you not? But I certainly criticize his coaching. He's proven to be a horrible coach. And that criticism is far from blind. It's eyes-wide-open obvious.

Also, no love affair for Bo. Sorry. I've frequently said he left the AD no choice but to fire him. But I also recognize that he was a good football coach.

So I think you should be pointing the thumb with your adjectives in that post.

• Fire 2

Hmmm

The part you have in quotes was not spoken by Pelini. And your last sentence is completely wrong. All he said was that it was his job to improve those things. He didn't say they didn't exist. All good coaches are constantly trying to improve everything.
I meant for the whole thing to be in quotes as in I was quoting the article.

So your stance is the writer saying "All along, Pelini has spoken of the process of changing the programs culture from the previous five-year regime of former head coach Eric Wolford"

And Bo being quoted as saying he has to "improve the culture, the toughness, the physicality, the effort..." Isn't throwing the old staff under the bus? Saying they have to improve them IS saying they weren't good enough under the old staff.

Be rational for once man. I don't care how much you want MR fired. The constant hate naritave, making the same points and blowing up every thread with your nonsense is tiresome.

• Fire 3