Miles' Fab Foundation

zoogs

OWH|Fab Foundation? Nebraska’s Miles hopes he’s signed building blocks in five freshmen

If you've had your fill of reading football recruiting, how about a nice in-depth article on the 5-man freshman class Tim Miles has assembled after year 3?

LINCOLN At every Division I or II basketball coaching stop for Tim Miles, his recruiting plan the first year and sometimes into the second was guided by the Statue of Liberty principle.

You know what I mean," he said. Give me your poor, your tired and your hungry."

Pretty cool look at the Huskers' roadmap under Miles. A window into how coaches can approach things differently when they're just coming in and trying to hit the floor running, versus later on when they transition into focusing more on laying foundation.

This is a pretty good group. Crazy excited we got Morrow and I didn't realize how highly touted some of those other guys were. Of course, I only follow basketball rather loosely.

• Fire 1

Nebraska’s Class of 2015 essentially is its own starting lineup, with a point guard, two wings and two forwards.

“It’s a mini-Noah’s ark — one of each,’’ Miles said. “We had the scholarships and that’s the direction we went. It’s by design.

Miles wants these five freshmen to stay, too.

“If these guys don’t want to stick around, I may put them in a straitjacket,’’ he said.

- The always quotable Tim Miles

• 4 weeks later...