***Official Michigan State Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

Why run Newby inside reapeatedly at the goal line? Questionable clock managerment. Coaching is still the main problem. Riley may become good but he wasted this season without coaching up to standard.

I think the players are better than their record this season. I saw one play where a safety or corner came up to the line on a sweep- whten the blockers came at him, he jumped back out of the play, allowing them to the edge and upfield. MSU scored about two plays later. How many times have we seen defensive backs not even turn around to look for the ball?

I only had a chance to tune in for the last two minutes, and I accidentally turned on the stream (on Watch ESPN) without commentary and with the cameras that are positioned closer to the field and capter the crowd a lot more - and man, was that awesome! Loud, and loud, and loud, and awesome. So wanted to be there.

I was at work. I could read this forum's thread but I could not post, nor watch the game. I came home and it was all done.

Based on what I was reading, this game was over, and we had no chance. After seeing the score, that said something very different.

How long has it been since we've beaten a team this highly ranked?

GBR!

Believe it was 1977 the last time an unbanked Nebraska beat a top 10 team.

Who can be disappointed after a miracle in Lincoln. Can you imagine the absolute gut sick feeling for the Spartans! These kind hurt them cause they lose the chance again for the national title. Their fans have waited for ? ever? I dont' suppose they have ever won a title. They won't this year! LOL

They won it in 1966.

No they didn't. Notre Dame was ahead of them in both the AP and Coaches poll despite the tie.
According to records they claimed it with Notre Dame.

Ok there is LOTS to improve upon...I'm looking at you coaches...but that's for another day.

Let's celebrate a win!

HIP-HIP! HOO-RAY!

Hopefully it won't be these specific coaches working on improvements during the off-season.

Look--this win is awesome for the kids, and I'm happy for them. But it just raises the question of why this wasn't the same team we saw against Illinois, Purdue, Wisky, etc. This win, in the grand scheme of things, is nothing more than a kick in the balls to Nebraska fans that aren't sunshine pumping 24/7.

Here's hoping that if Riley stays, we get better coordinators and position coaches.

Although they lost their share this year, they were NEVER blown out like you've seen in previous years. Every game NU lost this year, they were in it. They were in it to the end. This tells me a LOT. I have a load of respect for this coaching staff. They had a nearly impossible task to accomplish after the cesspool of Pellini and his staff. GBR!!!

Didn't watch the Purdue game huh. They were down 42-16 in the fourth and scored garbage time TDs to make it look closer. They were never in that game

You're actually right. I didn't see that game.

I was at work. I could read this forum's thread but I could not post, nor watch the game. I came home and it was all done.

Based on what I was reading, this game was over, and we had no chance. After seeing the score, that said something very different.

How long has it been since we've beaten a team this highly ranked?

GBR!

The last time Nebraska beat a top 10 team was 2011 Michigan State ranked #9

Why run Newby inside reapeatedly at the goal line? Questionable clock managerment. Coaching is still the main problem. Riley may become good but he wasted this season without coaching up to standard.

I think the players are better than their record this season. I saw one play where a safety or corner came up to the line on a sweep- whten the blockers came at him, he jumped back out of the play, allowing them to the edge and upfield. MSU scored about two plays later. How many times have we seen defensive backs not even turn around to look for the ball?

Newby was in because the o was in hurry up and newby was the rb in that situation. The critique comes from not taking a breath to sub in cross but we had 3 Wrs and 1 te on the field also. The time it took to sub in the correct package might have run the same amount of time it took to run 2 with newby

Ok there is LOTS to improve upon...I'm looking at you coaches...but that's for another day.

Let's celebrate a win!

HIP-HIP! HOO-RAY!

Hopefully it won't be these specific coaches working on improvements during the off-season.

Look--this win is awesome for the kids, and I'm happy for them. But it just raises the question of why this wasn't the same team we saw against Illinois, Purdue, Wisky, etc. This win, in the grand scheme of things, is nothing more than a kick in the balls to Nebraska fans that aren't sunshine pumping 24/7.

Here's hoping that if Riley stays, we get better coordinators and position coaches.

Although they lost their share this year, they were NEVER blown out like you've seen in previous years. Every game NU lost this year, they were in it. They were in it to the end. This tells me a LOT. I have a load of respect for this coaching staff. They had a nearly impossible task to accomplish after the cesspool of Pellini and his staff. GBR!!!

Didn't watch the Purdue game huh. They were down 42-16 in the fourth and scored garbage time TDs to make it look closer. They were never in that game

What was the final score? I think those teams that beat NU this year also did it with "garbage" points!

Let's celebrate a win!

HIP-HIP! HOO-RAY!

Hopefully it won't be these specific coaches working on improvements during the off-season.Look--this win is awesome for the kids, and I'm happy for them. But it just raises the question of why this wasn't the same team we saw against Illinois, Purdue, Wisky, etc. This win, in the grand scheme of things, is nothing more than a kick in the balls to Nebraska fans that aren't sunshine pumping 24/7.Here's hoping that if Riley stays, we get better coordinators and position coaches.

I completely agree with you.

Fire the special teams coordinator. Me and my magic 8 ball will do it for free.