Nebraska High School Players - Class of 2017

Jaylin Bradley sure looked the part tonight. Might get interesting if he clears up academics.

Sounds like Davis really likes him and he's working hard to qualify. If he gets his grades together, expect an offer.

Good news.

At the end of the day the kid had 496 yards and 7 TD in a single game...worth a shot if he can make it. Especially when we aren't needing a RB this year

Jaylin Bradley sure looked the part tonight. Might get interesting if he clears up academics.

Sounds like Davis really likes him and he's working hard to qualify. If he gets his grades together, expect an offer.

Good news.

At the end of the day the kid had 496 yards and 7 TD in a single game...worth a shot if he can make it. Especially when we aren't needing a RB this year
Not to mention the best player in the state.

Good news.

How does that work with Bradley possibly qualifying, does he need to sign in February and we hope he makes it later or can we wait and hope he gets everything in order and we sign him later on in the year (kind of like Jordan Stevenson). I would love to see him end up making it to Lincoln

Good news.

How does that work with Bradley possibly qualifying, does he need to sign in February and we hope he makes it later or can we wait and hope he gets everything in order and we sign him later on in the year (kind of like Jordan Stevenson). I would love to see him end up making it to Lincoln

Technically he doesn't have to sign at all.

But I would guess they would probably say he has to have a pretty good idea by then for us to hold a scholarship for him. Otherwise he might have to see who else leaves before he could get one for sure.

Though at this point it would seem pretty possible for us to save a spot for him (or whoever).

I think Nebraska needs to start recruiting and taking a harder look in state. It is a slap in the face to our kids who grew up in this state watching the big red and then just because they live here they more than likely only have the opportunity to walk on. Foltz was just one example of the many who had to walk on and prove themselves first before getting a scholarship. They start the program running up hill from day one. Plenty of talent in this state would chose playing at Memorial Stadium over anywhere else. Their hometown Husker fans, their family Husker fans, these kids wouldn't rather play anywhere else. A kid from my hometown, Kyle Emanuel, goes to North Dakota State, wins four rings, and starts for the SAN Diego Chargers now. But he grew up in a town of 5,000 people and never had the opportunity to get noticed on the D1 level. I think multiple "free" camps should be had where talented kids in this state get invited to show what they got. Too much talent in this state is considered lower quality just because our coaches tend to think it is too good to be true to have such talent so close and have a kid so willing to be a Husker. They want what they can't have , so if there is someone With equal talent who has tons of notoriety and has multiple offers, our staff jumps on board the ship thinking they must be a gift from god because they have multiple offers.

• 2 weeks later...