Looking for feedback! Please and thank you!

I am posting this highlight tape for a family member,

Just looking for some feedback. This is not a pitch or anything towards Nebraska. Just feedback on how he can step his game up! Anything you guys see feel free to comment on it!

He is a freshman at a highschool in Kansas city.

6'0 185 right now. Will probably end up being. 6'2 220 or so.

And they just got done making this, and left out any OLB stuff she has emailed them asking why? So this is all running back.

Thanks guys!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5398093/highlights/309026416/v2

Just looking for some feedback. This is not a pitch or anything towards Nebraska. Just feedback on how he can step his game up! Anything you guys see feel free to comment on it!

And they just got done making this, and left out any OLB stuff she has emailed them asking why? So this is all running back.

Thanks guys!

They just got done making this... who's they? Athletes should be making their own Hudl films. Coaches might be nice and try to whip something up for them, but players always have the ability to go back in and create their own.

Thanks guys!

They just got done making this... who's they? Athletes should be making their own Hudl films. Coaches might be nice and try to whip something up for them, but players always have the ability to go back in and create their own.

NCSA ?, not sure if that's a local company in KC? Im assuming she gave them video and they put it together, and never included OLB stuff. His biggest problem is keeping the 40 time down the more he grows.

That said, the film is great! He has some talent, especially for a freshman. As for how he could be better? I think he could try to work on his agility a bit - he makes great cuts, but sometimes gets caught from behind because he loses the speed during the move. Other thing, learn to love contact. For his age, he's a huge RB already I'm sure. As he bulks up over high school, teach him early to not be afraid to lower the shoulder and plow through somebody! Definitely looks like he has the speed to go around guys, but he'll need to be able to run through them at some point too.

Thanks guys!

NCSA ?, not sure if that's a local company in KC? Im assuming she gave them video and they put it together, and never included OLB stuff. His biggest problem is keeping the 40 time down the more he grows.

Hmm, that's weird... the film isn't 3rd party, as it's directly from Hudl's site. Oh well.

That said, the film is great! He has some talent, especially for a freshman. As for how he could be better? I think he could try to work on his agility a bit - he makes great cuts, but sometimes gets caught from behind because he loses the speed during the move. Other thing, learn to love contact. For his age, he's a huge RB already I'm sure. As he bulks up over high school, teach him early to not be afraid to lower the shoulder and plow through somebody! Definitely looks like he has the speed to go around guys, but he'll need to be able to run through them at some point too.

Thank you, appreciate the feedback. If they get the OLB film ready il post it also!

Is he playing varsity or freshman ball in the film?

For being a freshman he looks pretty decent...runs upright though. That will come back and haunt him as he enters the varsity level.

What division is this school?

olathe northwest is a 6A school in kansas.

Thanks for the responses, yup 6A

And I think it's JV, varsity next year I believe.

Not sure any freahman at his school play variety

Thanks guys!

Atbone, Whats a good program to use for editing? I tried to set up a Hudl but you have to have a invite from the coaching staff. I was trying to make some highlight videos of my 2 boys but didn't know a good program.

Thanks guys!

Atbone, Whats a good program to use for editing? I tried to set up a Hudl but you have to have a invite from the coaching staff. I was trying to make some highlight videos of my 2 boys but didn't know a good program.

As far as what to use for yourself? Hudl is great, but like you said, only an option if your kids are already on a Hudl team that is uploading their film. Both Mac and Windows have decent video software that comes by default (iMovie and Windows Movie Maker, respectively) that aren't too shabby.

Thanks guys!

As far as what to use for yourself? Hudl is great, but like you said, only an option if your kids are already on a Hudl team that is uploading their film. Both Mac and Windows have decent video software that comes by default (iMovie and Windows Movie Maker, respectively) that aren't too shabby.

Your kids should have access to Hudl...we have all of our kids on hudl and they can make their highlight videos. However, highlights are only one piece of it...a very small piece of it actually. The college coaches are going to want to watch full games and games that are against decent competition. We typically have our guys pick out their best games/best competition and send those to the college coaches.

The kid has good size and Division 1 speed for sure, not a break away threat but good enough. I really like his physical style of running, he see's the running lanes really well for a youngster.

In the long term considering his play style I would suggest just staying on the weights, getting a strong as he can, and packing on healthy pounds.

220-230 pounds with his running style as a senior would net him scholly offers from the local D 1 schools.

The only negative to the tape is the competition he's facing. Many of those teams he's playing against aren't very talented, I played against a couple of them in my day, it will be interesting to see how he looks against a more talented team with more speed. If he performs like he did on this tape against them than he will start drawing attention to him self.

It was fun tape to watch, I hope you share more with us!