Brace yourselves

He was just a little late reporting things. Nothing was going to happen when he posted the OP. Prior to the MSU game it was stated that if Nebraska lost there would be a changes made the following week. The speculation was that SE would be fired and HP retired early. That cooled some after the MSU upset. Current stance is that MR will be here at least 2 but most likely 3 years unless he has a year that is a 3 win season. As long as he's 5-7 or better he's ok for another season but most likely there would be a new AD. That sounds likely to happen after year one of HPs replacement regardless if MR is winning 10 games a year or not.

He was just a little late reporting things. Nothing was going to happen when he posted the OP. Prior to the MSU game it was stated that if Nebraska lost there would be a changes made the following week. The speculation was that SE would be fired and HP retired early. That cooled some after the MSU upset. Current stance is that MR will be here at least 2 but most likely 3 years unless he has a year that is a 3 win season. As long as he's 5-7 or better he's ok for another season but most likely there would be a new AD. That sounds likely to happen after year one of HPs replacement regardless if MR is winning 10 games a year or not.

The OP of this thread also had a thread prior to the MSU claiming MR was going to get fired this year, was only a matter of timing supposedly. He then backtracked significantly after the MSU game. Then he posted this beauty of a thread after that with new news of impending staff/admin changes. Total fail.

He was winging crap at the wall seeing if something would stick.

I'm skeptical. Another 5-7 season in which multiple losses can be directly attributed to very pointed coaching blunders (e.g., BYU, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Purdue) and Riley and his buddies are going to have to find another party to crash.

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I pass the information along whenever information is shared with by my source which is someone who is tied to the BOR. Sometimes you're given misinformation. Nothing was being thrown out "in hopes of it sticking" that is not something I enjoy doing and if I did, you'd see it a lot to the point of a potential ban from HB. I "heard" there was a lot going on before the MSU game. Now, you all saw the public statements of support from Shawn Eichorst, Harvey Perlman, and Mike Riley yourselves. The board of regents had spoken to the media as well. The heat was on at one point but things cooled after the W against MSU. After that game, I did not hear anything further on the status of Riley's job.

As a fan myself, I'm willing to give Riley the benefit of the doubt. I don't think it is fair to fire a coach after one or even two seasons. A coach needs 4-5 years minimum to really get his system in place. Of course if things go south in 2016, I think Nebraska will succumb to the pressure of firing him in year 2.

If the admin is kneejerking and changing narratives on the heels of individual games, then they need to get the f#*k out of town. That sh#t that fans do. My god. Its a process. Sure we dont wanna admit this is rebuilding project byt its safe to say knowing what we know now on many fromts that it is. We fired bo a year early or a year late. Shoulda kept him one more year and let him tie his own noose But this whole changing of the process crap based on one game in year one is bullsh#t. Get a grip. No wonder recruiting has gone stagnant. Between that and all the ridiculous man bonor frost convo, were doing it to ourselves. Shut the hell up and let the guy build for a few years. If by then its not working out, sure, then you pull the plug and try agAin.

• Fire 1
  • 1 month later...