Brace yourselves

I hear something BIG is about to go down at DONU. Recently, University President Hank Bounds spoke to the media regarding Perlman, Eichorst, Nebraska football. There was a rumor Trev Alberts was in Lincoln but this was confirmed that he is not. Donations apparently to the program regarding football are at an all-time low. Not sure what this means for Perlman/ADSE/Riley.

Bounds: Policies being discussed by regents aren't driven by Perlman-Eichorst talks

Halfway through the 2014 football season, Mississippi State was ranked No. 1 and Ole Miss No. 3.
Both Southeastern Conference institutions were under the purview of Hank Bounds, who was named president of the University of Nebraska in January.
Bounds said watching Husker games from the university’s suite at Memorial Stadium as a fan and college administrator is a familiar role.
“We all have to understand athletic programs at major universities are often viewed as at least one of the front doors to the university,” said Bounds, who grew up in rural southern Mississippi. “What other event draws 90,000 people on a routine basis?”

Link

At best I think HP resigns before June. Then a new Chancellor will come in and evaluate the situation. IMO, at least a year for the new Chancellor to review, evaluate and offer any suggestions for improvement before any changes are made. I'm not even sure the timetable on replacing HP. Even if he steps down earlier than anticipated, I don't foresee his replacement coming in until the summer. Then an earnest evaluation of all the Chancellor's departments will be reviewed. And I'm not sure that HP will resign early. Maybe get a slap on the wrist for a bad PR move on trying to extend SE on his way out the door.

For those thinking having HP leave early will be a bad sign for SE, and then trickle down as a bad sign for Riley, I think are jumping the gun. Both SE and Riley will be around for at least the 2016 football season before anything happens to either of them. Personally, as of right now, I'm hoping that both stay through at least the 2017 season as well. I may change my tune depending on how the 2016 season goes, but right now, I want Riley to have 3 full seasons to really get the Pelini stink out of the program before we truly evaluate him.

At best I think HP resigns before June. Then a new Chancellor will come in and evaluate the situation. IMO, at least a year for the new Chancellor to review, evaluate and offer any suggestions for improvement before any changes are made. I'm not even sure the timetable on replacing HP. Even if he steps down earlier than anticipated, I don't foresee his replacement coming in until the summer. Then an earnest evaluation of all the Chancellor's departments will be reviewed. And I'm not sure that HP will resign early. Maybe get a slap on the wrist for a bad PR move on trying to extend SE on his way out the door.

For those thinking having HP leave early will be a bad sign for SE, and then trickle down as a bad sign for Riley, I think are jumping the gun. Both SE and Riley will be around for at least the 2016 football season before anything happens to either of them. Personally, as of right now, I'm hoping that both stay through at least the 2017 season as well. I may change my tune depending on how the 2016 season goes, but right now, I want Riley to have 3 full seasons to really get the Pelini stink out of the program before we truly evaluate him.

Correct. This thread is about the athletic administration and not about Riley. I've heard the whole contract extension talk for Eichorst has ruffled a lot of feathers and that donations to the program (from a football standpoint) leaves a lot to be desired.

if it wasn't for the glimpse of hope this past Saturday did for the program, I would be excited for this news.

But within the last 7 days things have had a different outlook.

1. We won BIG. Suddenly there is hope we finish this season on a high note, and give us huge momentum going into next year.

2. The hope of MSU win being the win to turn this program around into the right direction...We find out if that is true this coming Saturday. (have to beat Rutgers, otherwise we start thinking MSU was a flash in the pan)

3. The 2016 recruiting class is shaping up to be pretty decent, and may land some surprises by NSD.

4. The 2017 recruiting class is looking to be one of Nebraska's best in decades. So you hope this staff succeeds to keep those recruits.

5. Eichorst has said some things this past week and even done some things that have given me a little more respect for him. IE. bringing in Spurrier to a game, telling Pearlman to hush about the extension talks, coming out and putting his money where his mouth is with Riley.

This has been a good week for Nebraska football. Again, Rutgers can derail this momentum quickly, but if the Huskers beat Rutgers, like they should, this program will be seething at the bit to derail Iowa's season and at the end of it, make Nebraska's season.

• Fire 1

It would be weird if the University has known since last April that Perlman would be gone in June 2016 and still hadn't lined up his successor in November 2015. They aren't going to wait until June 2016 to start looking for Perlman's successor.

It would be weird if the University has known since last April that Perlman would be gone in June 2016 and still hadn't lined up his successor in November 2015. They aren't going to wait until June 2016 to start looking for Perlman's successor.

I wasn't very clear on that. I agree, if he isn't "forced" out early, they will most likely have his replacement ready July 1st. I was implying that if he's forced out, I don't know what timeline they would have to replace him before July.

That said, the company I work for, the CFO announced he was retiring at the end of our last quarter. He gave a three month notice, we are about to close the next quarter and his position still hasn't been filled. The university may not have a replacement ready, but I would think they should.

Correct. This thread is about the athletic administration and not about Riley. I've heard the whole contract extension talk for Eichorst has ruffled a lot of feathers and that donations to the program (from a football standpoint) leaves a lot to be desired.

I hear a lot of things that are untrue as well.

At this point, unless Riley lays an egg against Iowa (not likely), we're 6-6 and going bowling, with an outside shot at a winning season at 7-6. Riley is here another year...though I wouldn't be shocked if Banker and/or Langsdorf are demoted or find other positions...more Banker than Langsdorf.

As another poster pointed out elsewhere, Riley didn't even seem sure he wanted to name Banker as DC initially. I guess the hope would be that Banker would step down and be a position coach, and Riley would get a DC that agrees with what changes Banker started?