Brace yourselves

Eichorst should get Banker a HC job somewhere and make a power play for Bud Foster to replace him.

Foster is staying at VT.

Money talks, make it happen SE.

It's not a matter of money, it's a matter of Riley letting people go. Ain't gonna happen.

Eichorst can force his hand. He could push Banker into a low end HC job somehwere.

It likely wont happen, just wish we could go out and make a big hire like Foster to at least show we are patching the leaks.

Eichorst said he wasn't going to do that with Bo, doubt he'd do it with Riley. If it gets to the point where coaches are being told by AD who they can and can't hire, you've ruined any productive relationship. At that point you have a Jason Garrett-Jerry Jones relationship where you're playing yes man.

Eichorst should get Banker a HC job somewhere and make a power play for Bud Foster to replace him.

Foster is staying at VT.

It's not a matter of money, it's a matter of Riley letting people go. Ain't gonna happen.

Eichorst can force his hand. He could push Banker into a low end HC job somehwere.

It likely wont happen, just wish we could go out and make a big hire like Foster to at least show we are patching the leaks.

Eichorst said he wasn't going to do that with Bo, doubt he'd do it with Riley. If it gets to the point where coaches are being told by AD who they can and can't hire, you've ruined any productive relationship. At that point you have a Jason Garrett-Jerry Jones relationship where you're playing yes man.

I don't see how Eichorst could push Banker into a HC job. He isn't taking a FCS job and I don't see a FBS program to take him.

As far as an AD and staffing goes I think you need to straighten that stuff out before the hire. We are one of the top 5 winningest programs in CFB. We should be pulling in the top staff we can get period, not hiring all your cronies then filling-in around that. You figure-out staffing philosophy and who the HC would definitely bring in before making the offer.

Also, when staffing comes up once a coach is in place I'm OK with a little pushing provided the AD is also putting his money where his mouth is. From what I've heard Eichorst didn't push staffing changes but they were on the table only to be taken off because the wallet wasn't really opening. Our secondary coaches repeatedly being stolen seems to support that. Hopefully Eichorst will be more flexible now that he has his coach in place and it's his job on the line

Foster is staying at VT.

I don't see how Eichorst could push Banker into a HC job. He isn't taking a FCS job and I don't see a FBS program to take him.

As far as an AD and staffing goes I think you need to straighten that stuff out before the hire. We are one of the top 5 winningest programs in CFB. We should be pulling in the top staff we can get period, not hiring all your cronies then filling-in around that. You figure-out staffing philosophy and who the HC would definitely bring in before making the offer.

Also, when staffing comes up once a coach is in place I'm OK with a little pushing provided the AD is also putting his money where his mouth is. From what I've heard Eichorst didn't push staffing changes but they were on the table only to be taken off because the wallet wasn't really opening. Our secondary coaches repeatedly being stolen seems to support that. Hopefully Eichorst will be more flexible now that he has his coach in place and it's his job on the line

f'ing amazing how f'ing restarted this is. you all just stop. please.

Foster is staying at VT.

Were you looking for the word retarded? Also, if you'd enlighten me on what is so dumb in my comment, I'd greatly appreciate it.

If you actually meant restarted, as in this sh#t has been brought up multiple times - I agree.

Foster is staying at VT.

Quit clicking on it!!! You do realize you dont have to click and read right?
  • 2 weeks later...