GT: Mississippi Valley State at Nebraska - 7PM CT - BTN Plus

lXdkEko.pngbGLomi7.pngEG42u7n.png

November 14, 2015

7pm CT - BTN Plus (Subscription Required)

Pinnacle Bank Arena - Lincoln, NE

Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils 0-0 (2014-15: 6-26, 5-13 SWAC)

vs

Nebraska Cornhuskers 0-0 (2014-15: 13-18, 5-13 B1G)

Head Coaches

Mississippi Valley State Andre Payne (245-209, 6-26 at MVSU)

Nebraska Tim Miles (330-269, 47-49 at Nebraska)

Injury Report

Mississippi Valley State

No injuries to report

Nebraska

No injuries to report

Scouting Mississippi Valley State

Under second-year coach Andre Payne, Mississippi Valley State looks to rebound after posting a 6-26 record in 2014-15. Payne returns a roster that has seven returning letterwinnners, including a pair of starters and was picked to finished eighth in the SWAC preseason poll. Junior guard Isaac Williams is the program’s top returnee, as he averaged 9.8 points per game last year including a team-high 43 3-pointers. He had 20 points in the team’s exhibition game against Stillman. Senior forward Latrell Love averaged 5.9 points per game and 2.1 rebounds per game while making 13 starts, while Delta Devils will be counting on a host of new faces. MVSU’s game with Nebraska begins a long road trip, as the Delta Devils will not play a home game until Jan. 4. The team has 13 road games, including matchups with Air Force, BYU, Northwestern and Hawaii before beginning SWAC play in January.

if you plan to use it on mobile devices and tablets, it's pretty good if that's what you need it for. When you're away from home. At home, it's only good if you have decent internet. The only times I've had issues is when it's a "big" game that will be watched by a bunch of fans. Sometimes the site can't keep up on a browser. On my Note 4, I've never had an issue away from home.

I really only use it for games like tonight's or another sport that BTN is offering to plus users that isn't found on the TV broadcast. I live out in BFE Nebraska and the best internet available is 12mb speed...not the best for streaming games

This team looks promising and they will do great things if they continue to move the ball around. I loke the fact that we are getting more assists because it seems Tim's teams at Nebraska haven't gotten a ton assists in past years here. Villanova is next and it should be a fun game that I think that we will compete in if we have excellent ball movement and we rebound well.

This team looks promising and they will do great things if they continue to move the ball around. I loke the fact that we are getting more assists because it seems Tim's teams at Nebraska haven't gotten a ton assists in past years here. Villanova is next and it should be a fun game that I think that we will compete in if we have excellent ball movement and we rebound well.

I agree, but the thing to remember is that he is still not playing with his players. Parker & Shields are from Doc. Both are good players, but Parker would not be here if it was not for Doc. Miles likes taller guards who can handle the ball & shot. It is great that we are now becoming competitive in basketball!

This team has much more of a "team" feel to it, where as the past two years it felt like it was a one-man band. Shields, White, and McVeigh are deep threats, just about anyone seems to be able to take it to the hoop, and there's a lot more movement both on and off the ball. Teams might have a hard time defending a Nebraska team who really loves to defend.

We'll get a good preview at how good this team will be this year on Tuesday when the Huskers travel to Philly to take on 'Nova. Never thought I'd see the Jay Wright vs Tim Miles coaching matchup, but I'm looking forward to it!

I agree, but the thing to remember is that he is still not playing with his players. Parker & Shields are from Doc. Both are good players, but Parker would not be here if it was not for Doc. Miles likes taller guards who can handle the ball & shot. It is great that we are now becoming competitive in basketball!

Year four and you're still sticking with this?

Besides the fact that Shields is one of our best players, if Benny is still playing either Miles likes him or hasn't recruited anyone better.

This line is pretty tired.

Besides the fact that Shields is one of our best players, if Benny is still playing either Miles likes him or hasn't recruited anyone better.

Yes, because we are now seeing 4 star players coming to Nebraska. As it takes a year to build relationships with recruits and I will also stand by Riley as well. When is the last time we beat a team by 40, like the better teams do. These guys are young and they will get better as the year goes on.

Yes, because we are now seeing 4 star players coming to Nebraska. As it takes a year to build relationships with recruits and I will also stand by Riley as well. When is the last time we beat a team by 40, like the better teams do. These guys are young and they will get better as the year goes on.

So because two out of 15 guys aren't his, we're still saying he's not playing with "his guys"?

If they aren't good enough for him, why are they still playing?

When was the last time we beat a team by 40? You mean other than the two games we've played this year?

So because two out of 15 guys aren't his, we're still saying he's not playing with "his guys"?

If they aren't good enough for him, why are they still playing?

When was the last time we beat a team by 40? You mean other than the two games we've played this year?

I do not know where you are getting at. The players on this team are not all his and we are young & talented. Talented because Miles stuck with his plan to bring in better talent. Shields & Parker are good players to help with the youth, but Parker is starting now due to the inexperience we have at point. He may surprise me, but I see him coming off the bench once we get to conference games.