Would Tommy play QB in the NFL if ...

NUance

... he becomes as accurate as Joe Ganz, and has as low of an interception percentage? (Ganz: 65% completion. 18 picks out of 585 passes)

===================

Or maybe I should rephrase the question: What existing (or past) NFL quarterback would Tommy compare to if he becomes as accurate and throws as few picks as Ganz?

Can't think of many he would perfectly resemble.

He would be unique for sure, I could see someone taking a risk on him at QB if his numbers improve. I know scouts value work ethic, intangibles, toughness, and personality. He has those in bunches.

If Langsdorf can't help make his mechanics more consistent next year I think he should consider a position change for the next level.

I could play in the NFL if I improved my arm strength, grew 6 inches and could read NFL defenses.

TA will never play QB in the NFL. He may have a shot if he changes positions. He is fast and tough. But there is no way he can read NFL defenses and make good decisions consistently. He also struggles with high percentages passes.

See that's the thing, I'm not asking about some Joe Blow who is entirely devoid of the physical tools to play in the NFL. Like you. Or me. I'm asking about Tommy. He's clearly athletic enough. And he has a strong enough arm. He just lacks accuracy. That, and he's prone to force throws that sometimes end up in picks.

So, back to my question: If Tommy could gain some accuracy--say, Ganzesque accuracy--and throw fewer picks, would he play Sundays?

... he becomes as accurate as Joe Ganz, and has as low of an interception percentage? (Ganz: 65% completion. 18 picks out of 585 passes)

===================

Or maybe I should rephrase the question: What existing (or past) NFL quarterback would Tommy compare to if he becomes as accurate and throws as few picks as Ganz?

Ganz didn't make it in the NFL, so why are you using him as a measuring stick? He threw his fair share of picks too.

===================

Ganz didn't make it in the NFL, so why are you using him as a measuring stick? He threw his fair share of picks too.

Tommy is a better runner than Ganz. Heck, Tommy is a better runner than Tim Tebow. And Tommy has more arm strength than Ganz. He just doesn't have Ganz' accuracy, and knack for avoiding interceptions. That's why I picked Ganz. (I thought about using Vince Ferragamo--but Ganz is more recent.)

===================

Because if Ganz was athletic as Tommy, he may have had a chance? Plus, Tommy has a stronger arm.

I could play in the NFL if I improved my arm strength, grew 6 inches and could read NFL defenses.

TA will never play QB in the NFL. He may have a shot if he changes positions. He is fast and tough. But there is no way he can read NFL defenses and make good decisions consistently. He also struggles with high percentages passes.

See that's the thing, I'm not asking about some Joe Blow who is entirely devoid of the physical tools to play in the NFL. Like you. Or me. I'm asking about Tommy. He's clearly athletic enough. And he has a strong enough arm. He just lacks accuracy. That, and he's prone to force throws that sometimes end up in picks.

So, back to my question: If Tommy could gain some accuracy--say, Ganzesque accuracy--and throw fewer picks, would he play Sundays?

That is my point about accuracy. I coached baseball for 15 years, and I have found many kids with great velocity that can't be pitchers because of accuracy. I don't think it is possible for TA to improve his accuracy. It seems like he should be able to improve his decision making, but he has worked with two coaching staffs, and make just as many ridiculous throws as ever, and he still can't check down and find the wide open receiver. I say put him at LB.

• Fire 1

That is my point about accuracy. I coached baseball for 15 years, and I have found many kids with great velocity that can't be pitchers because of accuracy. I don't think it is possible for TA to improve his accuracy. It seems like he should be able to improve his decision making, but he has worked with two coaching staffs, and make just as many ridiculous throws as ever, and he still can't check down and find the wide open receiver. I say put him at LB.

Really? You coached baseball for 15 years and never improved a pitchers accuracy? Were you the pitching coach? Or is this like 7-8 Coach Pitch?

• Fire 1