Two Reasons Nebraska Fans Will Love Mike Riley’s 2016 Offense

eightlaces

Welcome, Brandon! It's great to have you here. Definitely saves me the trouble of posting your articles here myself, which I've done once or twice in the past. Hope you get some good feedback.

Definitely looking forward to the evolving Husker offense in 2016. A lot of featuring the TE will be up to the QB in distributing the ball well, too. That's something I hope to see more of in Tommy's senior campaign. The good news is Cethan Carter seems like he could really be on the cusp of something with this November he's having.

@eightlaces is a good twitter follow, too.

Thanks for the warm welcome! It's a shame we didn't get to see what Snyder could do this year, but I believe he'll be a real asset for next year's squad. The offense is shaping up to be very potent.

• Fire 1

Langsdorf will be much more familiar with the talent he has and how best to use it. He has been better at calling games the more he see's what his guys can do. I think 2016 could be a much more productive offensive machine and if the defense comes around, it could be a fun season.

Didn't you write the Gerry hit piece?

No, I didn't write a hit piece about Nate Gerry. I strongly critiqued his performance, but that's it.

Surely you can see how someone might perceive that turd of an article as a hit piece. If it was merely a strong critique, then why did you feel compelled to apologize for it? I'm willing to give second chances, but if you're incapable of seeing it from gobiggergoredder's perspective, I don't have a lot of hope for you.

• Fire 4

I would be pretty shocked if Snyder gets a lot of targets next year. We should be returning all but 2 wide outs and they've (Jamal Turner and Taariq Allen) only been targeted 26 times combined (7% of all passes). With a hopefully healthy Pierson-El and Westerkamp, Reilly, Moore and Stanley Morgan all coming back, there isn't a chance these tight ends get close to 1,000 yards as was mentioned in the article.

And then if you look further into the stats - Cethan has already been targeted the third most times on the team this year (40 targets) and has only 18 catches. A 45% catch rate is pretty horrendous, I'd much rather see the balls going towards the wide outs at this point..

''One thing youll love about him is his ability to cradle the football like a newborn baby just smacked on its rear."

What does that even mean?!?

That's a good one. I have 3 kids and none of them have been smacked on the rear.

These are also good:

"It’s like cooking a turkey for every Thanksgiving and then serving up savory prime rib or seeing a peacock working a power drill."

"This dynamic duo has the potential to take a comically oversized mallet to them like something straight out of Looney Tunes."

My thought in response to this article:

It is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.

• Fire 4

Didn't you write the Gerry hit piece?

No, I didn't write a hit piece about Nate Gerry. I strongly critiqued his performance, but that's it.

Surely you can see how someone might perceive that turd of an article as a hit piece. If it was merely a strong critique, then why did you feel compelled to apologize for it? I'm willing to give second chances, but if you're incapable of seeing it from gobiggergoredder's perspective, I don't have a lot of hope for you.

Well, I said earlier in this very thread I can understand why. Why did I feel compelled to apologize for it? I personally felt that I tripped over the line I was trying to toe. The apology was something that several people on a number of levels told me was unnecessary, but I feel better for having done it and that's really all there is to it.

I believe Gerry to be a good kid, but an erratic football player at this point.

• Fire 1