Two Reasons Nebraska Fans Will Love Mike Riley’s 2016 Offense

eightlaces

The ones bitching about the write up are the same ones that have bitched all season.

For me, I like it when they post and share things. It is usually from a different perspective and it is nice to read, whether I agree about it or not.

So you are upset that guys on the message board are defending Gerry? :dunno

I'm not upset about it. I have had my doubts about Gerry this year and some have had similar thoughts. I have also said that he has played great the last couple games. My issue is we have a guy join the board and share something he wrote and people start throwing sh#t at him because he shared his thoughts.

Sharing thoughts and opinions? Whoever heard of such a crazy idea on a message board!

• Fire 4

The ones bitching about the write up are the same ones that have bitched all season.

For me, I like it when they post and share things. It is usually from a different perspective and it is nice to read, whether I agree about it or not.

I'm not upset about it. I have had my doubts about Gerry this year and some have had similar thoughts. I have also said that he has played great the last couple games. My issue is we have a guy join the board and share something he wrote and people start throwing sh#t at him because he shared his thoughts.

Sharing thoughts and opinions? Whoever heard of such a crazy idea on a message board!

I know, right! Crazy

I know, right! Crazy

Sorry, I wasn't aware that our opinions weren't open to critique. I'll get in line.

What difference does it make whether he's a new user or not (he joined over a year ago, btw)? He wrote a boorish piece on Gerry and put it out there for the world to see. Shock of shocks, some people have an issue with it and didn't mind telling him so. If he plans to continue writing, I'm sure he'll wear his big boy pants and take the "strong critiques" of his crappy writing in stride.

• Fire 2

''One thing youll love about him is his ability to cradle the football like a newborn baby just smacked on its rear."

What does that even mean?!?

That's a good one. I have 3 kids and none of them have been smacked on the rear.

These are also good:

"It’s like cooking a turkey for every Thanksgiving and then serving up savory prime rib or seeing a peacock working a power drill."

"This dynamic duo has the potential to take a comically oversized mallet to them like something straight out of Looney Tunes."

My thought in response to this article:

It is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.

the baby smacked on rear comment is about a new born and how they were smacked on the rear to get them breathing. it's no longer a practice they use as there are other methods. might not be the best metaphor but is an interesting one.

So he'll be able to cradle the ball like he's started breathing? I don't get any sense of what this is a metaphor of. I don't find it interesting either. The writer tries to be too cute and fails.

How about comparing them to some of the top tight ends we've had, like Junior Miller and Johnny Mitchell? I have little doubt their stats will be better, since those two played on mostly running teams.

• Fire 2

I know, right! Crazy

Sorry, I wasn't aware that our opinions weren't open to critique. I'll get in line.

Everybody who opens up about their opinion here is open to critique. The difference is posters get snotty towards someone who writes for a living if they write a piece that the poster disagrees with.
  • Fire 1

What difference does it make whether he's a new user or not (he joined over a year ago, btw)? He wrote a boorish piece on Gerry and put it out there for the world to see. Shock of shocks, some people have an issue with it and didn't mind telling him so. If he plans to continue writing, I'm sure he'll wear his big boy pants and take the "strong critiques" of his crappy writing in stride.

Pretty much, yeah.

• Fire 4

''One thing youll love about him is his ability to cradle the football like a newborn baby just smacked on its rear."

That's a good one. I have 3 kids and none of them have been smacked on the rear.

These are also good:

"It’s like cooking a turkey for every Thanksgiving and then serving up savory prime rib or seeing a peacock working a power drill."

"This dynamic duo has the potential to take a comically oversized mallet to them like something straight out of Looney Tunes."

It is a tale

Signifying nothing.

the baby smacked on rear comment is about a new born and how they were smacked on the rear to get them breathing. it's no longer a practice they use as there are other methods. might not be the best metaphor but is an interesting one.

So he'll be able to cradle the ball like he's started breathing? I don't get any sense of what this is a metaphor of. I don't find it interesting either. The writer tries to be too cute and fails.

How about comparing them to some of the top tight ends we've had, like Junior Miller and Johnny Mitchell? I have little doubt their stats will be better, since those two played on mostly running teams.

ffs, you'd hold a newborn baby in a way that nothing would happen to it. kind of like how a football player wants to hold a football.

my comment was that it wasnt an abusive situation, that many have insinuated, he was using but rather an out-dated practice. i cannot believe the amount of people being willfully obtuse about it.

• Fire 1

These are also good:

"Its like cooking a turkey for every Thanksgiving and then serving up savory prime rib or seeing a peacock working a power drill."

It is a tale

Signifying nothing.

Interesting in that it is wrong on all accounts? Not sure I want any players holding the ball like a newborn baby, especially one that's just been abused.

Wtf????

These are also good:

It is a tale

Signifying nothing.

ffs, you'd hold a newborn baby in a way that nothing would happen to it. kind of like how a football player wants to hold a football.

my comment was that it wasnt an abusive situation, that many have insinuated, he was using but rather an out-dated practice. i cannot believe the amount of people being willfully obtuse about it.

Oh ffs yourself. It's still stupid and having to explain it a couple times, the first time not really explaining anything, doesn't help. It's been a long time but my recollection of holding a newborn was being nervous and uncertain and afraid to squeeze very tight. Oh yeah, nothing could make me drop my baby, but it was nothing like carrying a football. Yeah, Grantland Rice couldn't have written it better. Anyway, I'm moving on. ffs

These are also good:

It is a tale

Signifying nothing.

Junior Miller played for Osborne before Osborne switched from a pro-style offense to the option and power running game. Still, Osborne didn't throw as much with a pro-style offense as we are under Riley and Langsdorf.

These are also good:

"Its like cooking a turkey for every Thanksgiving and then serving up savory prime rib or seeing a peacock working a power drill."

It is a tale

Signifying nothing.

Although I agree that this metaphor falls a little flat, I can't believe how many of you don't understand it. A newborn baby that's just been smacked on the rear is an expression that I have heard before. He didn't just make it up. It means the newest of newborns. Brand new, and thus, very fragile. Get it now?

• Fire 1

These are also good:

It is a tale

Signifying nothing.

Although I agree that this metaphor falls a little flat, I can't believe how many of you don't understand it. A newborn baby that's just been smacked on the rear is an expression that I have heard before. He didn't just make it up. It means the newest of newborns. Brand new, and thus, very fragile. Get it now?

I don't believe I've ever heard that before.