Reported Sexual Assault at Armstrong's House Under Investigation

Rape reported at home of Huskers; 'From what we’re hearing,

everything was consensual,' QB Armstrong says

POSTED: TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2015 11:15 AM | UPDATED: 11:34 AM, TUE NOV 17, 2015.
By Paul Hammel and Joe Duggan / World-Herald Bureau
LINCOLN — Lincoln police are investigating a report of a rape that allegedly occurred early Sunday at a north Lincoln house listed as the home of Husker quarterback Tommy Armstrong.
Lincoln police spokeswoman Katie Flood said Tuesday that a 20-year-old woman arrived at a Lincoln hospital about 2:30 p.m. Sunday and reported the alleged assault. The woman said she knows the suspect. Flood said the suspect has been contacted. No arrests have been made, Flood said.
Well, damn it!
"From what we're hearing" --that makes it sound like it's not Armstrong or Westerkamp. Also because Armstrong and Westerkamp are named in the article (also Trey Foster), and the article says the "Lincoln police policy is not to name suspects in such cases." Let's hope they didn't have anything to do with it.

I don't get why Armstrong would agree to answer their questions right now.

Because hopefully he has nothing to hide.

It's still idiotic to talk to a newspaper about it right now.

Not trying to downplay the severity of the situation, especially if it actually happened but if it didn't happen, like Tommy is claiming, I don't see the problem in talking to the newspaper, other than it's a distraction for the team. Shoot if I was in his shoe's and didn't know why said girl is making these accusations, I would probably talk to the cops and newspaper as well to find out what's even going on.

• Fire 1