QB Recruiting - Past & Present

zoogs

Stanton was a run first QB that had a decent arm. POB is a pass first QB that can run.

I would agree that they are different types of QBs but Stanton was a good fit for the type of offense that was being run at the time, to call him a subpar JUCO QB isn't a good assessment of him. He's accounted for over 3,000 yards of offense and 30 TDs this year to lead his team to an 8-2 record.

Also...Saddleback is ranked ahead of Butler right now...https://jcgridiron.rivals.com/viewrankhs.asp?ra_key=1030&Year=2015

I guess all these posts about Stanton / possible JUCO target were better left out of the POB thread.

Anyway, it's cool to see that Stanton has done quite well for himself this year. Can't believe he wasn't even going to make the Fall 85 or whatever that was, or compete for the #2. Maybe just a chance in scenery was needed for him to get his bearings.

• 2 weeks later...

Just listening to the talking heads about Les Miles situation and how QB recruits that haven't worked out have put a lot of coaches on the hot seat. I hope POB turns out to be the real deal.

That Tommy didn't sit the pine for a series or two to calm it down shows just how bad the QB depth on the team really is.

Edited by Mavric
Split from the POB thread.

Just listening to the talking heads about Les Miles situation and how QB recruits that haven't worked out have put a lot of coaches on the hot seat. I hope POB turns out to be the real deal.

That Tommy didn't sit the pine for a series or two to calm it down shows just how bad the QB depth on the team really is.

The staff let Johnny Stanton transfer. I can't stress enough how much I think that hurt us this season. I feel he would have at the very least pushed Tommy a bit harder.

• Fire 1

The staff let Johnny Stanton transfer. I can't stress enough how much I think that hurt us this season. I feel he would have at the very least pushed Tommy a bit harder.

He was 5th string....

• Fire 1

You serious Clark? Stanton wasn't even going to be on the game day roster. The only way he pushes Tommy is in a booze involved fight

Did you forget the sarcasm emoji?

I don't care where he sat on the depth chart. Our only realistic backup was RYKER FYFE!

You can't tell me Stanton would have fared worse than Fyfe did this season. Stanton at least had the mechanics to make Tommy push a little harder. Competition breeds success and there was none at QB this season.

I don't care where he sat on the depth chart. Our only realistic backup was RYKER FYFE!

You can't tell me Stanton would have fared worse than Fyfe did this season. Stanton at least had the mechanics to make Tommy push a little harder. Competition breeds success and there was none at QB this season.

Literally, his only offer right now is UNLV that came yesterday. http://247sports.com/Player/Johnny-Stanton-12730

So, your argument is he would have pushed him from the 5th string spot? Besides recruiting hype as a high school freshmen, I fail see what basis you have to argue he would push anyone. His only offer out of Juco is from a school that Barney Cotton is a part of. No other D-1 team feels he even merits an offer, but the coaches should have begged him to stay based on what?