Vegas has Iowa as slight favorite to start

The very very very cold weather, probably favors their larger line-- I would sadly, be taking those other guys.

You do know we beat most of the same kids last year...in the excrement-filled Twinkie of a locale known as Iowa City...in sub-freezing temps? Right?

Now, if you want to talk about our OC's penchant for not making the best decisions in playcalling possibly costing us this game, then you'll have some play there. But saying we'll lose because of the weather? No...sorry...that doesn't fly.

" if you want to talk about our OC's penchant for not making the best decisions in playcalling possibly costing us this game"

Exactly, I would bet my hard earned dollars on our players, coaching staff not so much.

Me too. This is why I have to shake my head when people insist that the staff has to be given four years to show their stuff. Maybe if the execution was the problem, but the kids have been more or less okay. It's pure coaching decisions that have cost us games, mistakes which anyone who ever played Madden or NCAA football on the Xbox or PlayStation would not have made.

The point spread being less than 10 points is pretty good considering the disappointing season we have had this year. It suggests that the Huskers are closer to being a top twenty team than many have thought. Yes, we are lacking in critical areas in top ten level talent and that has to come from top ten level recruiting. And yes, we have had some serious mistakes by players and coaches. Players make instantaneous decsions during the course of a few seconds of time while a play is happening. Coaches have much more time and can be cold and caluculating from the sidelines and press box. Many years of experience and 'wisdom' should mean that coaches make almost NO blatant judgement errors such as not taking time outs or using them unwisely, getting the play calls in to the huddle timely, making basic strategic plans based on a detailed analysis of the opponent's strengths and weaknesses, etc.

We have seen plenty of errors and yet there has been notable improvement in this team as we have won a few games against improved teams. I tnink the fact that we are considered by many odds makers/gamblers as being competitive suggest our team may be making improvements albeit not in the won/loss record so far.

I believe it is reasonable to state that we are the best 5-6 team in the country and can be competitive with almost all the teams at this point in the season. I would bet on Nebraska in this game to win in a close, hard fought battle. But I would not bet the farm!