Zeke Elliott after tOSU loss: I'm outta here

NUance

14-10-18-FB-2309-DH.jpg

Ezekiel Elliott unhappy with usage during Ohio State's first loss in 24 games

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Star running back Ezekiel Elliott has apparently played his final home game for No. 3 Ohio State, and he wasn't pleased with the way it went down.

After starting the week in the hospital with a previously undisclosed infection in his leg, the junior returned to the lineup Saturday, declared himself fully fit and then ripped the play calling in a 17-14 upset loss to No. 9 Michigan State at the Horseshoe.

<snip>

"Honestly, this is my last game in the Shoe," Elliott said. "I mean, there's no chance of me coming back next year.

LINK

Nice. Way to be a team player there, Zeke.

What is it about Ohio State running backs? They land the starting job, get a bit of fame, then BOOM! It's all about me. First Maurice Clarett, and now Zeke Elliott.

He is a young man speaking emotionally after a loss. He should have handled it differently but I can't fault someone that has given so much to a team. He said what everyone was thinking. Also, Ohio state wouldn't have won the NC last year without him.

NUance, there have been many great OSU running backs not named clarrett and even he has redeemed himself.