Historically Average HC Goes 5-7

cm husker

And fans blame the quarterback who qb'ed for teams that won at least 9 games in each of his previous seasons.

Who says Nebraskans don't enjoy the taste of their own?

Again? I agree the loss isn't on Tommy, but 4 interceptions is still 1 more than a slightly above average QB in Beathard has thrown all year. Time to hang this sentiment up.

And fans blame the quarterback who qb'ed for teams that won at least 9 games in each of his previous seasons.

Again? I agree the loss isn't on Tommy, but 4 interceptions is still 1 more than a slightly above average QB in Beathard has thrown all year. Time to hang this sentiment up.

The point being made is that Tommy's stats coming into today are very similar to a year ago, including his interception rate (obviously much higher after today). Despite this duplicity, the win total is vastly different. One reason is obviously the running production, which has been cited all year.

Tommy didn't do the team favors but I've been saying it all year and i'll say it once more. Good coaches win, Period. We hired a turd. Nice guy, but a turd when it comes to winning games.

McElwan, Harbaugh, Chryst, Harmon, all of them excelled in their first year. Do with that whatever you want but they are getting it done. MR helped us take 3 steps backwards.

• Fire 3

Tommy didn't do the team favors but I've been saying it all year and i'll say it once more. Good coaches win, Period. We hired a turd. Nice guy, but a turd when it comes to winning games.

McElwan, Harbaugh, Chryst, Harmon, all of them excelled in their first year. Do with that whatever you want but they are getting it done. MR helped us take 3 steps backwards.

This is the correct answer

Hey, you came out of hiding after three weeks of wins and positive vibes here, coupled with Pelini's season-ending losses and well-publicized meltdowns. You must be so relieved to get back on schedule with your Riley/Nebraska/Eichorst bashing.

Cool.

Great thread.

• Fire 6

Instead of blame, I can look at yesterday's game and see what went right and what went wrong.

Right:

Defense kept Iowa from converting a third down. Held them to 21 points.

Westy, Riley, Moore and Carter made some great catches and laid out for several of them.

The running backs ran hard even if it was just three tough yards.

The kickoff coverage made some good plays.

Punt coverage made some good plays.

Drew Brown drilled his field goal attempts.

It was a tight game against an undefeated team at home.

Wrong:

Turnovers, in particular, 4 interceptions that gave the ball back to Iowa.

Penalties on the defense that contributed to the first touchdown and kept another drive alive (unfortunate targeting call).

Chop blocks that moved the ball deep behind the chains.

2 big run plays for scores.

The things that went wrong did hurt. But nothing hurt worse than the poor play at QB and that is why the Huskers did not win.

Hey, you came out of hiding after three weeks of wins and positive vibes here, coupled with Pelini's season-ending losses and well-publicized meltdowns. You must be so relieved to get back on schedule with your Riley/Nebraska/Eichorst bashing.

Cool.

Great thread.

Just getting annoyed with the player blaming and bashing. That tends to die down when NU is winning. Now it flares up as an excuse.

FYI, I posted after MSU. Not so much during the bye week.

I put more blame on the play calling. Tommy is a horrible passing QB because of his terrible decision making, so what do they do? They have him throw 40 times a game.

TA would not start for any other Top 10 program.