Call me old fashion

KC Sker

As a young husker fan growing up in Nebraska in the big 8, and later, the big 12 era, I cant help but feel we should have stayed put. Every year, especially after thanksgiving since joining the big 10, I always get nostalgic & think "we should be playing Colorado right now, not F'ing Iowa". Im sorry, I tried to get on board with the big 10 thing but I just cant. I cant get excited about playing Rutgers or Purdue, or some other team thats 1000 miles away...I just dont care as much. Now just utter the words "Nebraska vs Oklahoma" and I get all sorts of fired up...you do too if you've been a fan for a long time. I dont care about Michigan vs. Ohio State or any other big 10 tradition...why? because Nebraska will never be part of building that tradition. we are just add on members and always will be. In the big 12 we were a foundation team...one of the head hogs at the trough if you will. We gave that up. I wish we would go back (obviously that probably will never happen)...just my 2 cents.

• Fire 3

We were never "head hogs at the trough" in the Big 12.

how so? top programs in the big 12 were and always were, nebraska, OK, and Tex.

No. We weren't. For the latter part of our time in the conference it was Texas by a country mile, then OU, then the rest of us. We did not hold much power or authority in that conference.

I'll take the extra millions the Big 10 revenue brings in and having an actual voice at the conference table over nostalgia any day.

Agreed, the University will bring in more cash in the long run, but Nebraska wont be on equal financial grounds with other Big10 schools or be full partners in the big ten network until 2017, infact most big 12 schools made more since Nebraska jumped ship; I guess this was part of the "innitiation phase" if you will.

No. We weren't. For the latter part of our time in the conference it was Texas by a country mile, then OU, then the rest of us. We did not hold much power or authority in that conference.

so you agree with me, the head hogs always were Neb, Tex and OK. Where is texas now? bringing up the rear currently..its all cyclical.

for me, I will never see a dollar of the revenue enjoyed by the university for moving to the big 10 and I am strictly talking about football here. I just liked the rivalries and history we had. I know living in Kansas City there are Alums from all over the big 12 and it was fun as hell talking sh#t and hanging out durring the season, not to mention I could drive a few hours an get to half of the away games without breaking the bank. I will never go to pascataway NJ or College park MD for a game...ever. Nor have I ever met a graduate of northwestern to talk about those epic matchups we played back in the day. I guess I am selfish, but damn...I hate the big 10.

so you agree with me, the head hogs always were Neb, Tex and OK. Where is texas now? bringing up the rear currently..its all cyclical.
When I said us, I meant the North division as a collective whole. No one gave a sh#t about us. As for where Texas is, they got their own network they were looking for. They might be down football wise, but give it time. Either way, they're still laughing all the way to the bank.