Scott Frost to UCF

Having Nebraska ties is a great asset. Not sure why some are trying to downplay the value in that.

Personally, I wish we'd fire Riley today and steal frost before he signs the papers.

What??? Really.. fire a first year coach at your university and bring in a first year offensive coordinator, who had a so so year at another university and totally mess with his recruits. Solid choice.

• Fire 1

Having Nebraska ties is a great asset. Not sure why some are trying to downplay the value in that.

Personally, I wish we'd fire Riley today and steal frost before he signs the papers.

What??? Really.. fire a first year coach at your university and bring in a first year offensive coordinator, who had a so so year at another university and totally mess with his recruits. Solid choice.

Yes. That would be the right long term move. And would give NU a chance to right this ship that much sooner. Will never happen, but it should.

And offensively, Oregon was better than so so.

Can we do a separate thread for his staff?

It might make more sense to keep them all together since they all pertain to Scott Frost. For example, how many people remembered (former Husker) Ryan Held before Mavric's post above?

Yes. That would be the right long term move. And would give NU a chance to right this ship that much sooner. Will never happen, but it should.

Careful. Scott Frost has been known to call a pass play on Third and One.

• Fire 5

Where did the notion come from that Scott Frost's ties to Nebraska are an invaluable asset? Does anyone really think that? Has anyone actually said that?

History with a program is just another piece of the puzzle that must be weighed and measured. The point I've always argued is a coaching candidate's experience should be more valuable than what they may have done as a player or whatever their history with the university may be.

If a candidate happens to have ties to Nebraska - great. Added bonus.

• Fire 1

As is every good OC.

Some just have a better sense of what and how to run on 3rd and 1 than apparently Langsdorf has (his offense run schemes are completely unimaginative).

As is every good OC.

Some just have a better sense of what and how to run on 3rd and 1 than apparently Langsdorf has (his offense run schemes are completely unimaginative).

What exactly does this mean? I have seen you along with a few others say this. I think it is just something that a few of you made up just to fuel more of your dislike for Riley and staff.

Where did the notion come from that Scott Frost's ties to Nebraska are an invaluable asset? Does anyone really think that? Has anyone actually said that?

History with a program is just another piece of the puzzle that must be weighed and measured. The point I've always argued is a coaching candidate's experience should be more valuable than what they may have done as a player or whatever their history with the university may be.

But look who he was coached by. He was coached by one of the best in Tom Osborne. Obviously Frost and TO still have a relationship to this very day. Obviously TO has been a great influence and is still a mentor so I'm thinking that his Nebraska ties especially when it comes to the coach he was privileged enough to have played for and be coached by is definitely not just a good thing but a seriously great thing.

He was also coached and has learned from Bill Walsh at Stanford, Bill Parcells, Bill Belicheck and of course again he was coached and has learned from one of the greatest college football coaches in the history of college football at Nebraska.

osborne_gill1_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b8

It might help a little bit in recruiting. I mean, every high school coach in the state of Nebraska knows who Scott Frost is and would love to send a player to play for him. OTOH, does NU need help getting Nebraska high school players to commit? The Huskers should be able to get most any Nebraska high school player they want. That is, if they don't screw around slow playing guys in the hopes of getting them to walk on. Just sayin..